When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No longer a Noob, Not Yet a Paneraisti

quality first post sean. i'd say welcome to RWG but it's a little late for that.

to address your panerai rant, i propose you try the following:

i) buy a $100 panerai from the member trade forum,

ii) spend the same amount on a nice strap (see if you can find a used mario paci or greg stevens),

iii) wear the nice strap & panerai combo for one week.

if you feel the same way that you do now after a week wearing the panerai, i'd really be surprised. worst case scenario = you sell the combo here on RWG for a $25 loss.

try it -- i dare you :tu:

deltatahoe

Deltahoe-- thanks for the suggestion. And this is what many other members have suggested to me--almost verbatim--over the last few months. Which makes me really wonder if there's something I'm missing about Panerai. The only thing I can think of is that each Panerai has a special secret surprise inside each one of them. Like a Buick. Or illegal recreational pharmaceuticals. Or nekkid pictures of Christina Ricci. Because I can

Sean,

Great first post! I have purchased several reps in the first two months, and lust after many others. Didn't think a PAM was for me, but I ordered a FER0002 rep last week, so I "sort of" broke down, and got a PAM, though it looks like few others. I like the sage adice, "flip it on the sales forum if it don't work for ya". What a low risk option. Go where the spirit moves you. If a Buick pops out of my PAM Ferrari, I'll PM you, the Buick will be yours to keep :)

I appreciate your post, Blackrain. And I've heard from probably 10 people across this board and Dark Side about how much they hated PAMs when they first saw them, then they got one, and now they have 27 of the things. Man, I don't get it. I feel like the lone voice in the wilderness. Even my family is turning against me! I showed my Dad a couple of Sub reps the other day, and he asked, "Say, you don't think they make replicas of a watch called Panerai, do you?" I just can't win.

Welcome to the boards seanf. And no, I doubt you can't find a $25 MBW, let alone get a gen crown for $20. These are the creme de la creme of the rep world since they accept gen parts. As for the panerai bit, I think I speak for all those who thought a Panerai was the ugliest piece of metal revived from the 40s. They were soon wrong after getting their first PAM. After that, just hope you're not hit by the strap bug. It'll be a nasty infection. Soon, you wake up thinking of what strap to start your day. Start with the PAM111. Davidsen sells all those modded pams and it's quite simply worth the money. Hope that helps... :)

• 1 month later...

Too funny. The fact that you have been here a while and had the same idea suggested to you by several members should tell you something. Know what it should tell you? You're not listening. ;) With all the money you have spent on reps I can't believe you haven't tried an Asian movement PAM. I think you are just scared that you will like it. :lol:

Then when you have been won over by the PAM's, pick up a Cousteau (truly an amazing rep) and an HBB. They grow on you. :)