When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help with a Speedmaster Moonwatch

diggs

I'm a Noob, but have purchased four watches in the last few weeks, Three from Josh (PP5070, PO45, Cartier for my wife) and a modded PAM from flav. I want a Speedmaster Moonwatch with the manual movement and have read all the reviews. Josh has two that look almost identical.

http://watchwindersworld.com/omsp10003-bro...onos-p-633.html

http://watchwindersworld.com/omsp10004-bro...nos-p-1961.html

I emailed him and asked the difference and got the following reply "The dial and the slight variation in the needles.." I can see the second hand the 03 model is more accurate based the reviews and the 3,6,9 markers are better on the 04 model.

Are either of these a good choice? If not any suggestions?

The 04 model is supposed to mimmic a reduced automatic model, see the hour markers are numbered. This is more in keeping with the reduced model, however that model is automatic, so the professional label is misleading. The second hand is different on this reduced model. The other offering from josh is based on the full sized professional model and apart from the sub dial spacing is quite a good likenes of the original. Have a look at the omega website for the reduced model to see the differences for yourself. ;)

Like another member just point out, the "04" is a rep of REDUCE model, which is suppose to say "Automatic" on the dial.

The "03" is based on full size moon watch, the text "Professional" is correct.

No moon watch has correct sub-dial spacing, some should come with solid case back but i guess we don't mind to have see-thur case back.

If you like the "03" model....check out Sash's, he got the same watch with better price.