When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anybody put a Watchadoo on a 4th gen PO?

Blackrain

I'm enjoying my 4th gen PO, but find the clasp fickle to buckle, and it isn't the most comfortable bracelet I own. I've read great reviews about the Watchadoo replacement bracelet, mostly for use with Seiko divers. Has anybody fit a wachadoo to a SS omega rep like the PO? Any pictures? Without drilled lug holes, is this going to be an exercise in frustration? Anybody know the size of the spring bars in a 4th gen PO? Watchadoo needs 1.75mm or smaller. New spring bars indicated? For the record, I'm not much of a leather strap guy (too damn sweaty!) Thanks for your time.

Blackrain

At the risk of asking an obvious question, is the diver's extension being properly closed before you close the main portion of the clasp? If the extension isn't properly closed, the main portion is hard to close and likely to spring open again.

I "fixed" the diver's extension by widening the area between the split bars, a fix I read about on RWG. I then gently adjusted the retaining bars on the clasp to catch the protruding bar do-hickeey. That makes perfect sense, right?

Anywho, the bracelet works, much better than when I bought it 2nd hand from a very nice member. I just find that compared to my rep sub, seiko's, Wenger GST, it's not that comfortable, but I love the watch itself.

My question is really more about the Watchadoo, maybe I should have asked about peoples experience with the Watchadoo. Maybe that's What-i-should-do :)

I "fixed" the diver's extension by widening the area between the split bars, a fix I read about on RWG. I then gently adjusted the retaining bars on the clasp to catch the protruding bar do-hickeey. That makes perfect sense, right?

Anywho, the bracelet works, much better than when I bought it 2nd hand from a very nice member. I just find that compared to my rep sub, seiko's, Wenger GST, it's not that comfortable, but I love the watch itself.

My question is really more about the Watchadoo, maybe I should have asked about peoples experience with the Watchadoo. Maybe that's What-i-should-do :)

That makes sense. I just know that the diver's extension can be a bit fiddly, and often, what someone thinks is the clasp not closing properly, is actually them trying to force the clasp closed over an incorrectly closed diver's extension... I'm afraid I don't know anything about Watchadoo, but I'm sure someone else here will. Best of luck :)