When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Acetime 8 watch winder

jomama

Just received my 8 watch winder from Acetimer.com. They do not have it on their site yet so you have to order via contact. Comes in Burlwood or Rosewood. Many thanks to Blackrain as his review inspired me to purchase. I have attached link to that review here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry225138

It is the best investment I have made in the rep world yet bar none. $199 (plus 25 ups 2 day shipping). My wife exploded when she saw it as she thought I spent over 1K. Probably the best piece of furniture we have in the house!

Enjoy pics.

post-4183-1176227003_thumb.jpg

post-4183-1176227029_thumb.jpg

post-4183-1176227065_thumb.jpg

post-4183-1176227238_thumb.jpg

post-4183-1176227280_thumb.jpg

I like the looks of the Burlwood version, very nice! I have to find a way to get mine back to the first floor, as the wife banished it to our 2nd floor bedroom .........can't understand why she didn't like it plopped right in the middle of the kitchen? Honestly, this beast didn't fit the desk area I thought it might........tape measure would have helped probably :whistling: Nice collection as well..........man, you got the bug pretty bad :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now let's see how long these things last before they either break down, or make an unacceptable amount of noise! At the price point, I'm just hoping for a few years :)

Now let's see how long these things last before they either break down, or make an unacceptable amount of noise! At the price point, I'm just hoping for a few years :)

Yes, they are all nice right out of the box.

Give it a year or two and let us know if it still runs.

:whistling:

Robert: What style wood did you order.

JJFlash: You seem to indicate a less than confident attitude toward this winder. Is it all winders in general or ones from Acetimer?? Please expand.

Finally: Do watches have prolonged or shortened life living in a winder? I like the idea of not having to constantly dink with movement but was wondering if there is a finite life on all movements that is shortened due to winders?

JJFlash: You seem to indicate a less than confident attitude toward this winder. Is it all winders in general or ones from Acetimer?? Please expand.

Jomama - I hope this winder serves you well for many years to come.

I own four Steinhausen quad winders for over two years.

They all look beautiful.

They have over 80 layers of lacquer hand applied by large breasted virgins.

All ran flawlessly out of the box.

Slowly each became noisy and have begun to die out.

First one winder, then the next, then the next.

I suspect all of these inexpensive winders we buy will quickly die.

The cheap Chinese parts inside, motors and circuit boards, are not built for longevity.

I am anxiously awaiting an inexpensive better grade winder.

So let us know next year how these fare.

You tell me all is well at one year, then I am going to buy one also.

:victory:

• 4 months later...