When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega SMP Chrono Bezel Alignment

itseme

Not sure if this'll work on the chrono, but I have the SMP GMT and all I did was sit my watch in front of a warm window with the sun comin' in for about 10 min. and then slowly slid the insert into alignment. The heat melts the glue just enough to slide it with a little force. Looks almost like a different watch lined up right. Hope this helps :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The only difference that I found is that the bezel just will not pry off without damaging the watch so I did it another way and that was to heat up the bezel and insert with a blow dryer and then stuck a sewing needle in between and pried the bezel insert up just a bit enough to get a toothpick in and then finally get the thing off without damaging anything ..

Cleaned off all the old glue and I siliconed it back on in the right position ...

If you do damage or scratch the bezel insert as it's just made out of anodized aluminum you always have the option to buy another one from eBay , that's what I had planned if I ruined mine but I was lucky and it almost fell out once the heat got to it ...

Zed

232492-11872.jpg

232492-11873.jpg

232492-11874.jpg

Not sure if this'll work on the chrono, but I have the SMP GMT and all I did was sit my watch in front of a warm window with the sun comin' in for about 10 min. and then slowly slid the insert into alignment. The heat melts the glue just enough to slide it with a little force. Looks almost like a different watch lined up right. Hope this helps :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'll be damned , I bought a second SMP chrono for my brother and his bezel insert was off by maybe a millimeter so I heated it up and just slid it into place like you said and it worked fine !

My watch was way out in the groove and I doubt I would have been able to move it that far but I wish I would have tried that first ...

Good idea !

Zed