When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix issues?

seanf

Looks like this thread is dead but I'll keep it going until I receive my complete order.

Emailed for another order follow up on 5/13 and received a response that evening, usually a sign of "on top of it" service.

My 4 watch order was seized by Chinese Customs. The special sourced Lady Omega is on back order.

I requested that the 3 men's watches in my order that were in stock and passed QC be shipped out.

If I am very happy with them, I'll add 2 or 3 watches with a new order and some straps/bands to the Lady Omega on back order.

Hopefully, Silix's supplier with have one ready soon as the first special sourcing for the Lady Omega MOP/Diamond took almost 1 month.

Have a EMS Tracking number. So we shall see...

Regards,

Alex

Great to know that you exercise patience, dude... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Maybe this topic should be transferred to the Reviews thread... Mods? :unsure:

Noticed that on an adjacent Silix QC issues thread that someone received the same story as I did (Spelled and Cut/Pasted Exactly): "I am sorry for the delay. We had ur watch here, but one didn't pass the quality check. So we have to wait for new ones to come, which should be here in a couple of days. Sorry for keeping u wait. Nice day. -Silix." Now I am wondering if this was not some delay tactic. This all started on April 6th.

The first order with a specially sourced watch being picked up by Chinese customs sounds odd too as their was no Tracking number provided on that first confiscated order.

The three mens watches: A Blue Omega Aqua Terra, Black noobmariner, and what was supposed to have been another Submariner with red gear but Green Bezel arrived quickly after an EMS tracking number was issued.

The Blue Aqua Terra is a very plain yet stunning watch, very solid, simple and classy - I'll post some pictures soon.

The Black Noobmariner has some awesome Lume. Again a classic simplicity yet very stylish. Works with jeans or a suit. I purchased it as an 80th birthday gift for my Dad. He's a little weird about things like this so if he doesn't accept it I will be happy to keep it.

The RG Submariner I purchased for my startup collection has been on my arm for two days now .... I like it. The only problem is it was supposed to have had a Green Bezel since I'm a more casual dresser during the week. Contacted Jay with the order malfunction after verifying that I wasn't responsible by providing an incorrect item number.

He offered to send me a green Bezel insert. I hope this is an actual Bezel and not something that I am going to have to glue on! I'll try popping of a Bezel with a blade but sorry not looking to glue/scratch any bezel materials.

BTW I've been wearing my Cheap Rolex Daytona before receiving my first order from Silix everywhere including swiming pools and it has been holding up perfectly and still keeps accurate time to less than 12 seconds every 9 days. If only it had an actual chrono and seconds at 9..... :(

I've emailed Jay three times since the partial order arrived trying to find out when the specially sourced watch will be ready and have not receive one actual reply just a repeated offer to replace it with another one. This I don't like!

If you tell me you can special source a watch to secure a 4 watch order then send me one with the wrong Bezel and now offer to switch or replace the special source watch with another one .... Please excuse me if my considerable patience and confidence starts to fade.

The special order is a Lady Omega Aqua Terra MOP with Diamonds, plenty of dealers on here carry it.

Therefore, I am really starting to feel a song and dance. So I'll be holding off any future orders until this matter and the wrong Bezel are resolved. Shame as my small collection could use a Daytona Seconds @9 and a Brietling Series Special Navitimer.

Nice day,

Alex

Noticed that on an adjacent Silix QC issues thread that someone received the same story as I did (Spelled and Cut/Pasted Exactly): "I am sorry for the delay. We had ur watch here, but one didn't pass the quality check. So we have to wait for new ones to come, which should be here in a couple of days. Sorry for keeping u wait. Nice day. -Silix." Now I am wondering if this was not some delay tactic. This all started on April 6th.

The first order with a specially sourced watch being picked up by Chinese customs sounds odd too as their was no Tracking number provided on that first confiscated order.

The three mens watches: A Blue Omega Aqua Terra, Black noobmariner, and what was supposed to have been another Submariner with red gear but Green Bezel arrived quickly after an EMS tracking number was issued.

The Blue Aqua Terra is a very plain yet stunning watch, very solid, simple and classy - I'll post some pictures soon.

The Black Noobmariner has some awesome Lume. Again a classic simplicity yet very stylish. Works with jeans or a suit. I purchased it as an 80th birthday gift for my Dad. He's a little weird about things like this so if he doesn't accept it I will be happy to keep it.

The RG Submariner I purchased for my startup collection has been on my arm for two days now .... I like it. The only problem is it was supposed to have had a Green Bezel since I'm a more casual dresser during the week. Contacted Jay with the order malfunction after verifying that I wasn't responsible by providing an incorrect item number.

He offered to send me a green Bezel insert. I hope this is an actual Bezel and not something that I am going to have to glue on! I'll try popping of a Bezel with a blade but sorry not looking to glue/scratch any bezel materials.

BTW I've been wearing my Cheap Rolex Daytona before receiving my first order from Silix everywhere including swiming pools and it has been holding up perfectly and still keeps accurate time to less than 12 seconds every 9 days. If only it had an actual chrono and seconds at 9..... :(

I've emailed Jay three times since the partial order arrived trying to find out when the specially sourced watch will be ready and have not receive one actual reply just a repeated offer to replace it with another one. This I don't like!

If you tell me you can special source a watch to secure a 4 watch order then send me one with the wrong Bezel and now offer to switch or replace the special source watch with another one .... Please excuse me if my considerable patience and confidence starts to fade.

The special order is a Lady Omega Aqua Terra MOP with Diamonds, plenty of dealers on here carry it.

Therefore, I am really starting to feel a song and dance. So I'll be holding off any future orders until this matter and the wrong Bezel are resolved. Shame as my small collection could use a Daytona Seconds @9 and a Brietling Series Special Navitimer.

Nice day,

Alex

You are absolutly right.. :whistling:

Hold off all future trades,.. as a matter of fact...

after reading your post, no collectors here will satisfy you,

let alone put up with you as Silix has..

The Mall is where you would be better off dealing,..

Stick with the 'inspired by'..variety,.. the game there is your speed...

....... and please don't have told Silix you came from this board... :unsure:

You are absolutly right.. :whistling:

Hold off all future trades,.. as a matter of fact...

after reading your post, no collectors here will satisfy you,

let alone put up with you as Silix has..

The Mall is where you would be better off dealing,..

Stick with the 'inspired by'..variety,.. the game there is your speed...

....... and please don't have told Silix you came from this board... :unsure:

The thread heading says Silix Issues Dic Tracy. (The familiar version of Richard is censored by this site)

Neither this reply nor the one you left belong here. Therefore, I recommend the moderators remove both as they detract from the subject in the heading.

My recommendation to you my friend is don't strain the little gray cell trying to be witty. It is not your forte.

Adding a little fiber to your diet might help loads and eliminate accidents like this one.

Please don't clog up the thread with this but if you must find relief, take it back door.

This reply is separate as their is hope that the earlier two will be relocated or deleted by the moderators.

The end result of my first purchase experience with Jay is that I have three beautiful high quality reps. (Pictures will follow) They are ETA movements and I expect them to be fine, dependable, daily wearers. (Apologies to all the Fine Watch Masters, but I will not be refining the rehaut symmetry on the Subs)

Regarding the fourth watch in the order which was not on Silix's website and could not be sourced... Whether the supply ran out or it was never initially sourced was uncertain. The funds are being refunded. There was a bit of a song and dance happening but when asked directly what happened with this watch? Jay came through and the truth came out - his supply line for this watch dried up. No problem. I like the truth and I like good communication. Of the few dealers (3) I've spoken to Silix's communication and turn around is by far The Best. Especially, for one who travels so much! This communication is the reason my initial purchase offering was 4 watches.

Now to the sending the wrong watch bobble... That was not handled to my satisfaction. Is it a major issue? No, not really - Green bezel, Black bezel both look great. Gluing on bezel inserts, nope I will not be doing that. So that leaves me with two Black bezel submariners. So I guess I have a back up if one is not received as a gift. Did this mix up make this a bad experience? No, not really. Was it a perfect purchase experience? No, not really. Would I buy from Jay again (1=poor, 5=excellent)? Yes, quality control (5), communication (5), and price (5) are excellent. After Purchase Customer Support (3).

Am I concerned by how customers feel after interacting with my company? You bet as our growth is 70% word of mouth and we have done well.

So I see Kingswatch has a nice 7750 Asian seconds @ 9 Daytona and the troublesome Omega are in stock! Interesting hobby you guys have here.... :D

My story with Silix thus far:

At the last minute before placing an order w/Andrew, a friend persuaded me to check out Silix-prime.. (Jay) before placing the order. I was pleasantly surprised by his Silix' prices (in comparison to josh and andrew...). I did some background research using the search on a few of the forums and decided to trust my order to Silix-prime rather than andrew.

That was on April 17th, 2007... After placing my order, it basically took Jay 7 days to reply back to me with any word on my order. I wasn't complaining or writing him at all. I wrote him for the first time 6 days and on the 7th day heard back from him saying that one of my watches hadn't passed his Quality control. That was no biggie (as I'm in no rush).. I was just a little frustrated with his super late response, but I can understand; as I'm sure he has a billion emails to read everyday, I'm sure it wasn't on purpose.

I've been patiently waiting the last 3 weeks for my watches to arrive sending him an email once a week to make sure everything was in order. He emailed me last Monday(june 28th) to tell me that he had sent the watches and that he would get back to me in 1-2 days with a tracking number... i was ECSTATIC! After not hearing from him about the tracking number.. i emailed him yesterday reminding him to send me the tracking information... Today he promptly and sadly informed me that my watches were CONFISCATED by Chinese customs! So.. now we're back to square one again, he said he's sending out a replacement order ASAP and that i should expect the shipping number soon.

I guess i'm just feeling a little uncomfortable having already paid 500 bucks and in almost 4weeks my order hasn't even managed to clear Chinese soil.....

bottom line: Nice dealer and great prices. His responses can be a little few and far between but I've had much faster when i email both of his addressed (silix-prime.com & silix-watch.com). Hopefully this story will have a happy ending.... will keep you all informed.

• 2 weeks later...
My story with Silix thus far:

At the last minute before placing an order w/Andrew, a friend persuaded me to check out Silix-prime.. (Jay) before placing the order. I was pleasantly surprised by his Silix' prices (in comparison to josh and andrew...). I did some background research using the search on a few of the forums and decided to trust my order to Silix-prime rather than andrew.

That was on April 17th, 2007... After placing my order, it basically took Jay 7 days to reply back to me with any word on my order. I wasn't complaining or writing him at all. I wrote him for the first time 6 days and on the 7th day heard back from him saying that one of my watches hadn't passed his Quality control. That was no biggie (as I'm in no rush).. I was just a little frustrated with his super late response, but I can understand; as I'm sure he has a billion emails to read everyday, I'm sure it wasn't on purpose.

I've been patiently waiting the last 3 weeks for my watches to arrive sending him an email once a week to make sure everything was in order. He emailed me last Monday(june 28th) to tell me that he had sent the watches and that he would get back to me in 1-2 days with a tracking number... i was ECSTATIC! After not hearing from him about the tracking number.. i emailed him yesterday reminding him to send me the tracking information... Today he promptly and sadly informed me that my watches were CONFISCATED by Chinese customs! So.. now we're back to square one again, he said he's sending out a replacement order ASAP and that i should expect the shipping number soon.

I guess i'm just feeling a little uncomfortable having already paid 500 bucks and in almost 4weeks my order hasn't even managed to clear Chinese soil.....

bottom line: Nice dealer and great prices. His responses can be a little few and far between but I've had much faster when i email both of his addressed (silix-prime.com & silix-watch.com). Hopefully this story will have a happy ending.... will keep you all informed.

UPDATE: Just recieved the watches yesterday. A record shipping time of 3 days from China to my door in Spain. (although i waited quite long enough the first time when my watches were confiscated by chinese customs...). Super cooperative dealer with a great product. Will post pics this afternoon if i got time.

The thread heading says Silix Issues Dic Tracy. (The familiar version of Richard is censored by this site)

Neither this reply nor the one you left belong here. Therefore, I recommend the moderators remove both as they detract from the subject in the heading.

My recommendation to you my friend is don't strain the little gray cell trying to be witty. It is not your forte.

Adding a little fiber to your diet might help loads and eliminate accidents like this one.

Please don't clog up the thread with this but if you must find relief, take it back door.

Just noticed this tripe... :brow:

This is the sort of attitude we don't need in this forum,... which is and I underline,.. "100% Mall Rat",

which could be overlooked, if there were some compensating factors, like a personality for instance

or some humility verses this air of 'entitlement' that he reeks with, as if this board and our traders owe

him some special status, for just being here,...when he is as green as a baby weed, and having

contributed as much.

Look Aresans, let me clue you in on something,.. since you evidently failed to take the time to do any

reading past the collectors forums,...

Outside of our boards is the real world,.. a place where people are sending great sums of money

to people on the other side of the world who take full advantage of the fact that there is no

accountability for them to simply take the money and run, which they do more times than you

know,.. otherwise you would not behaving like a princess brat,.. on holiday in a third world country..

Here you have protection, however it's not to be abused,... taken for granted, and most of all NEVER

to be confused with the retail trade.

This is an illegal game of cat and mouse and comes with it's own set of rules, etiquette , and most of all

expectations.

Our collectors are risking their very freedom, playing in an international black market where there are factors

that make it so difficult for them to even always face up to the standards that we on this board

have grown used to,.. however don't push them and get ignorant,.. or it would make more sense

for them to just walk away..

In other words,.. you don't have the right to jeopardize the relationships we have developed with these people

who you think are beholden to you,.. when it is in reality a circle of trust and mutual benefit.

If you can't understand this,.. then take your green and mean attitude elsewhere,.. this board nor the

collectors will miss you,

Richard,

You must be myopic as I requested you would not clog this forum with your dull-witted verbosity.

In person, you would cower under the table but here you portray the intellectual, worldly, voice of authority. Funny thing is nobody is listening to you or reading your, as you say, tripe.

GO AWAY YOU POWER MAX WANNABE, LOL (but I know you will not and I know why

Richard,

You must be myopic as I requested you would not clog this forum with your dull-witted verbosity.

In person, you would cower under the table but here you portray the intellectual, worldly, voice of authority. Funny thing is nobody is listening to you or reading your, as you say, tripe.

GO AWAY YOU POWER MAX WANNABE, LOL (but I know you will not and I know why