When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can pearls be relumed?

Rob1

You can relume any pearl, the only problem is if you can't remove the bezel/pearl, then you have to destroy the glass piece that is over the existing pearl.

If you can remove the bezel, then you can remove the lume from the bottom and retain the glass, if not, you just make a new clear cover with liquid plastic.

The PO I just lumed the dial on, had the pearl re-done.

RG

I was told by Angus via email, that you can't remove the bezel on the Steelfish, due to the way the watch case was constucted.

I would be very interested to hear if anyone HAS managed to remove the bezel, because the bezel is the weakest part of the watch, in regards to the accuracy of the pearl, 15, 30 and 45 markers.

Cheers :D

I was told by Angus via email, that you can't remove the bezel on the Steelfish, due to the way the watch case was constucted.

I would be very interested to hear if anyone HAS managed to remove the bezel, because the bezel is the weakest part of the watch, in regards to the accuracy of the pearl, 15, 30 and 45 markers.

Cheers :D

like The Zigmeister allready said; it should be posible.

on the ultimate PO you can remove the crystal from the pearl, but unfortunately i have no steelfish to tell you the same.

this is how the pearl on my PO looks after reluming it.

234060-11554.jpg