When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob mariner bezel removal

capt_cope

I know (and you would too if you searched) that there have been multiple threads about removing the noobmariner's bezel. Or rather, how attempting to remove the bezel results in nothing more than a beat up case and a bent bezel. I have proven this last bit wrong. Oh sure my case is beat up, and yes my bezel is bent. But I also have two puncture wounds from a [censored]ing screwdriver, one in each of my thumbs. Didn't think you could get a screwdriver inserted into your thumb? Neither did I... until I removed this damn bezel. So if you're really curious as to what it's like taking the bezel off your noobmariner, I have some shortcuts:

Grab a screwdriver, the largest one in a "precision" kit worked well for me. Then place the tip of said screwdriver on the fleshy part of your thumb. Strike repeatedly until screwdriver is deeply embedded into the side of your thumb. Remove screwdriver. Place tip of screwdriver on opposite thumb (the non-skewered one) Strike repeatedly. Congrats, you've just accomplished your goal.

I need a beer. Many beers. Possibly some sailor jerry rum too.

For the record the sub was butchered allready, it was my first rep, and in an attempt to get some silicone on the o-ring I used my handy dandy 100% silicone spray. I was holding the o-ring, but I failed to notice that all my overspray was landing inside my damn open caseback. Needless to say the movement was done at that point, started running a couple hours per day fast. I took it to a local watch guy who claimed to have no qualms about fixing a replica. Of course he managed to scratch the [censored] out of my case trying to open it with... a needle file... and he broke the hairspring when adjusting the timing (used the same needle file for that) I managed to keep some semblance of self control because I didn't drive back and shoot the asshat, but I was [censored]. Then I bought a "classic" ETA sub from Josh, great watch, esp. after a new bezel insert.