When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5517 Reps

bbell6

There's a MBW 5517!!!!!??? does anyone have any pictures of this ?

I found a picture of the MBW, one of the dealers has it in his photobucket. Any experience with this particular MBW? I assume it is like the rest in that it has a case size close to the original?

I found a picture of the MBW, one of the dealers has it in his photobucket. Any experience with this particular MBW? I assume it is like the rest in that it has a case size close to the original?

Can someone PM the photobucket address of this MBW 5517 ? I think i know which dealer you are reffering to but when i saw it presumed it was a gen... it would be great if had the appropriate case back marks and soldered lug bars !

Cheers,

Rags

All the 551x models have the wrong case incl mbw. They are based on the 1680 which is a different shape. Subtle but easily enough spotted. The T on the dial and the swiss text are usually easy tells for non gen dials on the 5517 but for the initiated the caseback markings will give you away early too. They seem to know all the runs. Build a milsub 5513 would b my plan. Same soldered bars but gives you some freedom with hands and markings

All the 551x models have the wrong case incl mbw. They are based on the 1680 which is a different shape. Subtle but easily enough spotted. The T on the dial and the swiss text are usually easy tells for non gen dials on the 5517 but for the initiated the caseback markings will give you away early too. They seem to know all the runs. Build a milsub 5513 would b my plan. Same soldered bars but gives you some freedom with hands and markings

There are quite a few variations of the this milsub. Which one are you building?

Rags,

MBW doesn't show the 5517. They have the 5512 & gilt dial 5513 and those are based on the MBW 1680 case.

Yeah that is what i thought ... there is only one 5517 rep that i know of that is going around ... the 5517 on that photobucket sight is either a 5513 franken or a true blue 5517 ... hmmm it would be lovely to have a decent rep 5517 out of the box tho ... although that being said ... a convincing one can be made with a bit of patience and the correct resources ( i have one in the works ) :-)

Rags

Yeah that is what i thought ... there is only one 5517 rep that i know of that is going around ... the 5517 on that photobucket sight is either a 5513 franken or a true blue 5517 ... hmmm it would be lovely to have a decent rep 5517 out of the box tho ... although that being said ... a convincing one can be made with a bit of patience and the correct resources ( i have one in the works ) :-)

Rags

Did you get the link to the photo bucket that I sent earlier today?

Did you get the link to the photo bucket that I sent earlier today?

@bbell6

cheers mate... i got the link ...it was the photobucket site that i thought it was ...

@ HiDef ,

The first milsub on the nato strap apears to be gen the second milsub posted on the leather strap is the Rep that is widely available .

also an interesting tid bit for those who are interested :

5517 was the UK MOD Marine Issue variant of the MOD spec 5513 (NAVY) and is distinguished from the latter by minute marks all around the bezel the MOD 5513 used the stock 15 min marked bezel.

Also a lot of serviced MOD 5513/7 had their sword hands replaced with the stock stick and ball (or mercedes hands) so a lot of the gen Milsubs out there vary significantly

Rags