When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hands for a cortebert 616

thewightstuff

as per topic really.

after mangling the hands i had for my 616 install was just wondering if anyone had any original hands to fit this movement i could persuade them to part with.

:whistling:

which hands you mean?... hands in panerai style??? ...don

im sure ive seen some 616 and 618 with the same hands as were used in the panerais.

ive definately seen plenty of cortebert pocket watches with the baton style hands (the blued hands with the divider across the middle) and these would be nice for in my watch.

you are correct though in that i should have been more prescriptive. standard french style pocket watch hands wouldnt be much use for sure :)

ive seen them for sure on complete watches offered up for sale, the blued baton hands are fairly common and the gold panerai style hands are there too though much less frequently.

you can also get them on the angelus clocks. the hands used in the original panerais were just the same hands used with the movements in the manufacturers own products

ive seen them for sure on complete watches offered up for sale, the blued baton hands are fairly common and the gold panerai style hands are there too though much less frequently.

you can also get them on the angelus clocks. the hands used in the original panerais were just the same hands used with the movements in the manufacturers own products

angelus - ok

but not on cortebert... all this hands are unitas hands and modified for cortebert

tourby, im not sure if we are at some sort of cross purpose due to language or just hard headedness, in the interest of politeness i am going to assume the former and explain myself one last time.

the blued baton hands with the divider across the middle appear on most of the 3646 watches and also on many cortebert pocket watches from the same era and later (though the bulk for sure have fusee type hands). ive missed out on a few recently, mainly due to not pursuing aggressively at the moment as i only want the hands themselves. i have also seen some similar era pocket watches with the bronze/gold hands seen in the panerai models and a cortebert movement/case though these are far fewer for sure.

as it seems that all the 616 and then 618 movement based watches originally used hands supplied from the manufacturer (in this case cortebert via rolex and not made specially by panerai) as did the angelus based models too. it follows then that its perfectly possible to get hands in the same style and for the same fitment by hunting around old pocket watches for them, especially since ive personally seen several suitable watches for sale and have only been looking for a relatively short time.

what you are saying regarding most modern hommage watches using the units/eta 6497 hands as the basis for the fitment to the 616 and 618 movement is certainly correct but this was not what i was asking. i too have some 6497 hands modded as a temporary fix however the above still holds regarding the originals.

Edited by thewightstuff