When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big bang

TWP

Yea, the black ceramic bezel version with CF dial has my name written ALL over it. But $600 for a A-7750 watch just doesn't work for me.... Here's to hoping for a price reduction.

Agreed, ceramic is very nice, but with the asian unreliable movement, I am not spending that kind of money. Wait for a decrease in price. Rather spend on a mbw vintage and mod it. Or other great reps with a reliable swiss movement.

Epoch, one thing for sure, you got my business when I plan on getting one. No offence to any other dealer, but your location, not part of the "big boys", and very approachable (like this thread for example where I feel comfortable telling my point of view) all add up to to what makes a difference for me. Also, the potential lower price helps;-).

• 3 weeks later...
Yea, the black ceramic bezel version with CF dial has my name written ALL over it. But $600 for a A-7750 watch just doesn't work for me.... Here's to hoping for a price reduction.

Exactly! The maker did a wonderful job in engineering the parts and assembling them, it's just too bad he had to work with that cheap junky movement. Imagine the excitement that could have been generated if the maker had put a solid Swiss 77XX movement in it. More money? Yep, but, at least you'd have a watch that you could wear for years and years. If they couldn't put a movement in it I'd just as soon they slapped a hot quartz into it. At least it would work.

My 2-cents for whatever little that's worth.

Tim