When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster GMT w/asian movement

predfan2001

After reading By-tor's review of the Omega GMT (black dial and Speedmaster style band) with the asian movement, I thought that I would give one a shot. My only reservation was the worry that the crystal would not look right. In some of the pics in his review the edges looked too rounded which looked like it would make the markers look distorted from an angle view. Someone posted a comment regarding this and he said that the pics didn't do the watch justice. He is 100% correct. The pictures truely don't show what a fine rep this is. I see no marker distortion at any angle.

This is one beautiful watch. I'd say the best rep. that I own (visually that is-still has asian movement-good luck). In my opinion it is almost perfect to the naked eye. The only thing that I am not totally pleased with is the lettering on the clasp. It is barely etched. I believe that it may even disappear with rough wear. I plan to replace the band with an original GMT band anyway. Other than that it is one of the best deals around. I purchased mine from Trusty and received it in about a week.

My bezel alignment is close, not even enough to bother with. The dial waves and lettering are crisp and clean.

There is no watch that feels as good on the wrist as a Seamaster. I owned an original Bond watch once and this watch feels just as good on the the wrist.

I'd post pics but my camera is a dinosaur. Here's a link to the original review:

By-tor's review

Edited by predfan2001

Oh yeah, forgot (meant forgot in the reply-not forget) this. Mine is a little different that the one he reviewed. The date numberals on mine are in a different font, more like an original. The "2"s for example on mine are flatter and wider. And yes, it is a black date wheel just as the originals.