When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VC Overseas Bracelet Resizing tips.

Craytonic

Does anyone have any tips for removing screws from the bracelet on the new VC Overseas?

This watch is turning into a money pit for me. Ordered the watch, screws are all non-moveable and some are stripped. Got stuck paying $90 for a new bracelet/case from dealer (seems very high when you can get a noobmariner for $80, told they were only sold together). Was able to get 2 links out but I need one more for it to fit :( I have a double AR coated crystal for it and a correct cross so I am ready to get this baby on the wrist.

Any tips? I soked the whole thing in WD-40 for a few hours in the sun but it is still tight as a.... well it is very very tight. Other compounds to try or methods to get it out?

I am close to chucking it out the window! :black_eye:

Thanks for any and all help! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cray.

Sorry to hear.

I used WD40 too and finaly could remove one more screw...

Use the tiny red plastic thing of the WD40 and spray for a couple of seconds right into both ends of the screw.

I have not other idea but use a perfect new screwdriver.

Put the band into a Vice so you can use your two hands.

Take a loup, hold the blade of the screwdriver firmly into the screw, press with the other hand and try to unscrew.

Hope someone else will help.

Cheers

Stephane

I posted the same thing:

"Sizing was a nightmare.

The screws: only 2 on each side could be removed in the first place.

I even took a brand new Bergeon blade to make sure it wasn't me.

I needed a lot of WD40 and patience to finally get more screws out of that bracelet and wear the watch."

Took a break from it and went to the gym; I noticed a bottle of "ZEP 45NC Penetrating Lubricant with Teflon and Vydax." It had about a zillion warning lables on it and stated very prominently that it was only for industrial and "NOT FOR HOME USE." Decided this was just the stuff for me and uhhh "borrowed" it for the night (it is going back tomorrow!).

Worked much better than WD-40. It took me about 2 more hours of work but I was able to basically get enough random screws out to create a jigsaw puzzle of parts to put together and get the right size.

I highly recommend the ZEP 45. It worked best after I sprayed it, let it sit an hour, sprayed it, let it sit 30 minutes (got impatient) and then washed everything in HOT water with soap.

Usually I will hand out my spare links but I will guard these with my life in case I get a white faced one. :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

Hope this helps someone size theirs...