When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Arktos GMT or PAM 253 Regatta

tgchrono2

i would go for the arktos! i have the 092 non gmt model and it is great. soft rubber strap and true AR! feels like a solid watch.

Thanks Tim.

092 is one of the best watch

but 186 arktos GMT is not so good... totaly wrong caseback.

Tourby has it right on the Arktos. On the Regatta the issue is getting the right dial with a sapphire crystal. Last I looked you had to choose your poison. You could get it with proper dial (tic marks right number but facing the wrong direction ?) and caseback markings but mineral or visa versa. I do not own it but the blue hand color may well be an issue as blued hands are never blued on reps.

I chose the 'correct tick mark' poison for the 253. :black_eye: The over-green lume color actually bother me more than the crystal.

Honestly, with such high quality reps out there like the HBB, Davidsen PAMs, PO Ult, etc. it pales in comparison - just doesn't get time on my wrist anymore.

Has anyone considered a 253 with swiss movement offered from one of the dealers? IMHO those pictures showed a pretty impressive rep, even the decoration on the movement is accurate and for me, it kind of gives me a more interesting watch.

If I had to with a submersible I rather go for the North Pole.

Cheers!

I have the swiss movement 253 yet rarely wear it. The watch seems small compared to the 111, 127, 232 and 172 which I wear far more. The 253 has never really done much for me, although it is a nice watch.

I have the swiss movement 253 yet rarely wear it. The watch seems small compared to the 111, 127, 232 and 172 which I wear far more. The 253 has never really done much for me, although it is a nice watch.

In that case, since you don't use it much I'll be interested in taking it.

PM me if you are interested!

Cheers!