When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angelus cal.240

dadog13

maybe some of you will bid on this...i don't wanna do it since i don't know if it's the right one or if it needs some heavy repair and where to source the parts...but since a member of the forum is bidding on it (who knows a lot about this type of movements) maybe it is interesting to enter in the game...

cal.240

2 hours left...

They must be crazy. 760 bucks for a non-working, back-winder movement.

$760 :D:D:D

i thought i could get it for $50 and could use it for spare parts? I go to bed and on next morning saw this $760 bid :bangin:

CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Yes, I followed you and I was ready to go up to $70. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was there in the last 30 minutes, and it was at $175.

About 10 minutes before the auction's end it went up to $500, and shortly after it was at $760.

And yes, comparing it with the perfect movements that went sold between 1000 and 1500 USD some moths ago this was completely ridicolous.

$760 :D:D:D

i thought i could get it for $50 and could use it for spare parts? I go to bed and on next morning saw this $760 bid :bangin:

CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

i tought the same...made an offer on 59$ and left the building....

It makes me think twice about keeping that Angelus in my sock drawer for spares! The market seems to have gone mad, I sold an older back winder in perfect condition a few weeks ago for well under half of what this one went for. It's bizaar though that every Angelus on the bay is going for a small fortune, there seems to be 2 or 3 per month with the correct movement (most going to forum members), yet no Angelus projects turn up on the boards for us to see - are people buying them and not realising how difficult the project is to complete, or are people just hoarding the movements? Something strange is going on!

The hands went for twice what the movement did though... figure that one out!!

Has anyone other than Enzo / WM completed an Angelus project yet?

My buyer also paid a nice premium for the original hands ^_^ and don't kid yourselves, the market for these babies goes way beond our own little insular world here ;)

As for completed projects, trust me there are quite a few about - as to why they're not showcased, I could not possibly comment :whistling::ph34r:

As for completed projects, trust me there are quite a few about - as to why they're not showcased, I could not possibly comment :whistling::ph34r:

everyday i stare at Cucumber's beauty...imagine having that...for me it's like having the real deal..hell, it's even more...because all the love and effort put in making that watch...I admire that!...

So Cucumber, if you are reading this, or anybody else that has the same one...if you are willing to sell this beauty...let me know!

i am not wondering about the buyer... i know him. For him is $760 peanuts.

i am wondering about this other crazy guys, which bid him so high???

i thought it exist only one crazy guy... but seems it exist many crazy guys!!!

Hey rmcsherry... Waiting for my 6152-1 case from daividsen and will start my angelus project. I have contact Germano for customs dial. Little bit expensive, but what should i do? Will let you know soon friend!

everyday i stare at Cucumber's beauty...imagine having that...for me it's like having the real deal..hell, it's even more...because all the love and effort put in making that watch...I admire that!...

So Cucumber, if you are reading this, or anybody else that has the same one...if you are willing to sell this beauty...let me know!

Thanks man! I am still loving mine - enzo did an awesome job.

Enzo did an amazing job, you're lucky. I'd love to get the facilities to create a properly engraved dial (vintage construction) with seconds at 9... one day it will be mine!!

Tourby, I'm glad you're getting there with the projects - the dial sounds great, I'd love to see photos when you have any. Don't forget the Russian movement 6152's - the cases are great after a little modification, and the engraving on the back is sometimes tidier than Davidsen's.