When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice anyone ... have I been taken?

yepme

I ordered a watch from TTK that DIED, posted a query on the board, was informed of his policy, and returned it for replacement.

I don't consider myself a troll on the board, just your average Joe learning to enjoy my new hobbie ... I have waited patiently for the transaction to complete, yet have had no communication from TTK since early March.

I've sent a few emails as follow up to him with no reply, posted a question in my typical fun loving manner HERE , saw TTK was active on the board and pointed to the thread in one of his posts HERE, yet zero follow-up.

I realize this is not life support, I'm not looking for a pen pal or someone to hold my hand, just the return of a gift I bought for my girlfriends son.

In the overall scheme of things this is no big deal, just a hundred bucks and some change ... I'll just feel really foolish if I allowed myself to get scammed, I usually try to exercise due diligence prior to making a purchase, and TTK is an active member of the board (and actually has a personality) so I felt a level of comfort selecting him.

What advice do ya'all have ... do I merely write this off as a loss? In my defense, I attempted to handle the transaction and follow up in a courteous manner, with the details below (information scrubbed to protect the innocent).

What would you do now?

EDIT

Edited by yepme

Hi Eric.....sorry for the communication problems.......unfortunately your e-mails are mixed in amongst a wholeload of others that are on about page 3 of my Inbox......with new ones coming in hourly.....it's no excuse but I just haven't gotten round to answering all my e-mail.....sorry....!

I received your watch.....which was ultimately found to be completely DOA.......I have sent you a replacement item....over two weeks ago.....one other members was sent at the same time.......not by EMS tho'....standard registered Air Mail.....I should be able to confirm the receipt.....but will need to hunt it out.....!

In the meantime......if you haven't received it by Monday......which would make almost 3 weeks.....I'm up at BKK at the weekend......and I will definitely ship you another.......you've done nothing wrong.........no fault at your end......and I understand your concerns...but as RT said.......I don't rip anyone off.....and no need for you to write it off.....if I was going to do that....I wouldn't have sent you the original item...and I wouldn;t have asked you to send it back.....and again send you a replacement.......!

My apologies again.....and trust that this meets with your approval....if so...just indicate here.....no need for e-mails.....!

PS.....one thing I would ask...given the recent developments....if you can edit your post to take out all the information regarding the transaction......no need for any 5th columnist to be aware of any info.....thank you in advance.....!

Edited by TTK

TTK will never rip you off,... he may get busy & slow at times and is a bit communication

challenged ...but will Never rip you ....

I have the feeling that he will be getting back to you shortly... :whistling:

Thanks for the reassuring words Richard, I'd like to think I made a wise decision. TTK seems like a stand-up guy, and I have tried to practice being patient, and even having a little fun with my wait ... but the dang kid keeps pestering me ... LOL

Hoepfully things will work out ok

Cheers.

Hey TTK ...

Action you requested has been taken.

If I don't receive anything by Monday ... no worries, friend ... if you say it is on its way, it is on its way ... I am in NO HURRY whatsoever ... just concerned that it may have fell through the cracks, sir.

Enjoy your weekend @ BKK and thank you kindly for your post.

Again ... I'll give it a couple of weeks to get here before I pester you again, I'm not out to scam you out of a free item and have no doubt that if you say you shipped it, you did ... no need to dig through your reciepts, your word is good with me.

Cheers.