When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Ferrari tutorial

Ant

Just received my first pam-ferrari chrono. Beautiful watch. Would love to get some info as to the intricacies of this watch,ie,using the chrono(resetting the pointer),Winding the watch. I'm a newbie to this watch and rather than play with it and break something,would rather ask the people that know. I aso, think this will help others who are afraid to ask.

Thanks,

It is like most other chronos. Top pusher (above the crown) stops and starts the chrono function. Bottom pusher resets the the minute and hour chrono sub-dials and center 60 second counter. On the Ferrari it has screw down pushers so in order to push the chrono pushers you have to unscrew the surrounding bolt so that the bolt rises to the top of the pusher (away from the case). This gives the pusher the clearance to press the button down. When not using the chrono feature you can screw down the same bolts and the pushers will be locked in place.

Just received my first pam-ferrari chrono. Beautiful watch. Would love to get some info as to the intricacies of this watch,ie,using the chrono(resetting the pointer),Winding the watch. I'm a newbie to this watch and rather than play with it and break something,would rather ask the people that know. I aso, think this will help others who are afraid to ask.

Thanks,

It's a 7750, so no problem winding it, ala The Zigmeister. Move the yellow dot on the crown so the crown moves out to the wind position (facing up toward the crystal) then wind. When you're satisfied that the watch is wound enough, move the crown back to the same position, push it in, and rotate clockwise to lock. Same to set the time, just pull out one click)

I've really enjoyed my 008 and have received great compliments.

Deen

Thanks for the feedback.One thing I noticed is the chrono keeps running and doesn't stop or reset. Thought maybe i was doing something wrong.After following your directions,seem the chrono runs all the time.

Thanks for the feedback.One thing I noticed is the chrono keeps running and doesn't stop or reset. Thought maybe i was doing something wrong.After following your directions,seem the chrono runs all the time.

while the chrono is running did you try to disengage the chrono function by pressing the Upper pusher? And then pressing the Lower pusher to Reset the chrono ?

In case you are talking about the sub-dial at 9? that one is like the second hand in most watch and it should run at all time.

The chrono is the one at 3 as well as the long yellow hand and it should only run when you engage the chrono function.

while the chrono is running did you try to disengage the chrono function by pressing the Upper pusher? And then pressing the Lower pusher to Reset the chrono ?

In case you are talking about the sub-dial at 9? that one is like the second hand in most watch and it should run at all time.

The chrono is the one at 3 as well as the long yellow hand and it should only run when you engage the chrono function.

Thanks for the clarification. I was able to stop the chrono and understand fully how it works. Appreciate the patience.