When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need your help on this one guys...

chrisbailey86

Hi,

So my brother in law has never been fond of watches. He has regulaly teased me about my passion for replica time pieces, that is, until today.

Early this morning I recieved an email from said brother in law, ranting on how he has seen the light, and for the first time in his life found 2 watches that really grab his attenion.

So I have made it my mission to see if these are available/replicated in the hope to get him wearing and appreciating our love for watches.

Thanks for the help in advance,

Chris

240687-9958.jpg

240687-9959.jpg

Wow! He has seen the light with expensive tastes. I would suggest pulling similar watches from the trusted dealer's pages and emailing them to your brother-in-law for review. At least he is now looking at watches and I am sure some of what you can send him will strike him favorably. The discussion alone will start you rolling and the price for reps will allow him to try one out without a great loss.

Usil

Surprising! Usually newbies go down the submariner or president road... I know I did before moving on to more refined brands.

For the top one I have no idea... but its plain enough that many watches fit its general look. (Patek Calastrava, etc)

FOr the bottom one ask him if he likes this:

240699-9955.jpg

Damn...he's got some major problems that I forsee in future. First and formost, that's a 31 day PR Lange. It goes for EUR186,000 so there will be no way any chinese factory would be able to copy that. The Glashutte senator 80s could be possible rep in the near future. In the meantime, the best would be an IWC... :)

Damn...he's got some major problems that I forsee in future. First and formost, that's a 31 day PR Lange. It goes for EUR186,000 so there will be no way any chinese factory would be able to copy that. The Glashutte senator 80s could be possible rep in the near future. In the meantime, the best would be an IWC... :)

That 31-day pr Lange is not yet officially released, am I correct, dude? :unsure:

I've converted many people by saying something like, "You have good taste in the suits you buy, the car you drive, and making your house look nice and you wear a G-shock to work?" Then I go into how cool it is to wear a minaturized, complex machine, designed by brilliant engineers and artists & crafted by true artisans...when they inevitably bring up the obscene cost of high end watches I just tell them that they can get a 99% replica, including the same "nanomachine" as a $5000 watch for the price of a couple Citizens. If that doesn't get them they'llnever get it. At least in DC, you'd be shocked at the number of guys who wear $3000 bespoke suits, Lobb shoes, Brioni ties.....and a $75 Seiko.

%

I've converted many people by saying something like, "You have good taste in the suits you buy, the car you drive, and making your house look nice and you wear a G-shock to work?" Then I go into how cool it is to wear a minaturized, complex machine, designed by brilliant engineers and artists & crafted by true artisans...when they inevitably bring up the obscene cost of high end watches I just tell them that they can get a 99% replica, including the same "nanomachine" as a $5000 watch for the price of a couple Citizens. If that doesn't get them they'llnever get it. At least in DC, you'd be shocked at the number of guys who wear $3000 bespoke suits, Lobb shoes, Brioni ties.....and a $75 Seiko.

%

Thanks Arch,.. you re-newed even my passion, which was waning a bit after that Joe fiasco...! :thumbsupsmileyanim: