When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This Electic Blue Seamaster any good

Blackrain

Today I find myself again looking for a "blue" watch, preferably an Omega. I had settled on the "Bond" SMP, but stumbled on an "Elecric blue" Seamaster on Paul's website. The trouble is, the blue looks way to "light" in the pictures. I have attached a pictures of a Gen I found reviewed on timezone. My understanding is that years ago, this watch was more accurate, and now, it is less so. Is it because of the color? I can live with the hands being 1-2mm too short. If you know of someone carrying a more accurate version, please PM me. Anyhow, here are the pics, gen first, Paul's second:

240871-9912.jpg

240871-9913.jpg

240871-9914.jpg

240871-9915.jpg

I have Pauls watch, as you posted. I bought it around april 2005. When i got it, it had short hands (as is common for this model) so i changed them for genuine hands.

The case is nice - HEV valve is correct. The bezel insert is not so nice. The pearl has no metal surround, and the writing on the bezel is black, instead of dark blue.

The dial is lighter in colour, as you noted, but it's not as significant as it looks in those photos.

All around, it's a nice watch. But, it's no-where nears as high a quality the old 2004 version (closed factory, which was just about perfect), the bond SMP that's been out since Feb 2005, or the newer Omega reps like the SMP chrono, Ultimate PO, etcetera.

Stunning genuine though. It's THE Seamaster (out of the whole range) i'd buy if i were getting a gen.

Thanks for your input guys. I'm probably a little spoiled, as I'm new to the game, and only own "newer" reps, a 4th gen PO, PAM Fer0002, "perfect" LV sub. I think I might stick with the newer models, and go with the "Bond" blue SMP as I had originally intended. Thanks for helping me make an educated choice!

I have this style, it was my 1st rep bought back in November 2004, so I think I have one from the closed factory.

It's a gorgeous watch, the details are excellent, but it does have the too bright blue dial, same as current wo-mart, too bad they never fixed that.

IMO it's the most beautiful Seamaster, with the elegant steel bezel.

• 3 weeks later...
This watch only worths with a strong double AR ..... otherwise is a like a true mirror ... not worthing, belive me.

I'm not sure if I understand your statement. Does the original have an exceptionally thick double AR coating and the rep has little if any? It would make sense that a very thick AR gives the original that "liquid" or "electric" blue look. I knew this one would be hard to duplicate. It is about the most formal looking sportwatch there is.

This is one watch you could never tell from dealer website pictures how close to the original the color is. I want one but may have to hunt for a deal on an original to get the quality I want.

The He Valve is too low on Paul's version...it is almost directly off the 10 marker....not offset like the 2004 version/gen. Because of the light blue dial, u can really see the difference if a gen is compared next to it but it is super easy to stick in a gen dial and gen hands.

-bosk