When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Angelus 190 Stem Movement

pitimany

Hi,

I got this nice angelus mov, cal 190. It needs a good clean up and oil, but it is working a keeping time.

Can I use this move in a pam 203 8 days?, if so any ideas what case and who can help ?

I recognize that I have limited knowledge about vintage pams.

Thanks

241044-9833.jpg

241044-9834.jpg

241044-9835.jpg

241044-9836.jpg

You've got a cal.190 movement, which is 22 lignes (49mm) as opposed to the cal.240 which is 16 lignes (36mm). The 49mm movement won't fit in a 47mm case, so maybe it's best left as a clock. If you fancy a project, you could always make up a custom dial to have a look-a-like 40's Panerai military clock?! Maybe not.

Hi,

I got this nice angelus mov, cal 190. It needs a good clean up and oil, but it is working a keeping time.

Can I use this move in a pam 203 8 days?, if so any ideas what case and who can help ?

I recognize that I have limited knowledge about vintage pams.

Thanks

I can answer this one by experience--I bought the same thing @ a flea market for 10 bucks thinking I had just scored the deal of the Century, but when I brought it and a fiddy case to my smith he just laughed and shook his head and said "Go buy a real one. Cheaper."

BTW all was not lost--I bought a 31 jewel El Primero for the same price. Apparently it needs $360 in parts and labor to get to godod as new....$370 for an El Primero may not be the deal of the century but it is the deal of the week.

I sure you get better deals than me.

10 for this and 370 for el primero :bicycle::bicycle: .

I can answer this one by experience--I bought the same thing @ a flea market for 10 bucks thinking I had just scored the deal of the Century, but when I brought it and a fiddy case to my smith he just laughed and shook his head and said "Go buy a real one. Cheaper."

BTW all was not lost--I bought a 31 jewel El Primero for the same price. Apparently it needs $360 in parts and labor to get to godod as new....$370 for an El Primero may not be the deal of the century but it is the deal of the week.