When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG2/TRC Meet In Athens, Greece

Chronus

Looks like I'll be going out to Athens for 10 days, hopefully get to see the big game, as well as see the sights of this historic city.

Is there anyone in Athens to meet up with?

(And where can I get any tickets to the Liverpool v Milan final game!)

I'm in Athens-Greece too...i'll be happy to meet you...

EDIT: Except if your age is really 96yo :p

EDIT 2: i am not sure where you can find tickets for the Liverpool-Milan final as i am not really a football fun but i can ask for you if you like...

Edited by spa

I'm not 96 ;) I'm 30 now :o

It looks like I'll have a couple of other guys along but they aren't into watches. One is Greek-Cypriot though.

Hopefully I will get it all booked up in a few hours time :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Anyone for showing watches or just meeting up? I don't know if I'll have a stack of watches with me... probably just one or two. Possibly genuine or rep, haven't decided so early yet :)

Damn , ..... I love Athens ..... but Iam only there for the summer.

May is kinda the summer ;)

This is my first time going there. A Greek friend of mine in London always tells me it's the best place in the world and how much he wants to go back and live there, but then he lived there 20+ years ago :o

chronus i'm in for a meeting, some discussion, a beer or a gin & tonic maybe, possibly for a lunch...I will not be able to bring a "stack" of watches with me though. I have some of them dissasembled because i try to do some mods on 'em and this time i also experiment with a software timing application which doesn't seem to work very well and i'm exchanging emails back and forth with the seller to make it work! Some of them i didn't touch 'em though and could bring along but there's no point as there is nothing special about 'em.... Reps that have been showed off many times here...

Note: my U.S. English are good but my British no good at all... Blame my teacher :p

Well, about the weather...It's getting hotter and hotter this week in Athens. Heard that it's gonna be around 30 Celsius this weekend...We failed to have a cold winter this year too. I miss cold you know...

I wouldn't say it's the best place in the world cause it's definitely not. Greek islands are cool but the mainland......

I visited many European countries in the past and i can have an opinion i guess.... :p

P.S. I'll send you my e-mail...let me know certain dates you're gonna be here...

EDIT: Oops! your email is invalid:

Technical details of permanent failure:

UNKNOWN_USER: No such user

Edited by spa

One problem so far - hotels are impossible to find on 22nd and 23rd of May. Other days are fine.

My plan is:

18-28 May in Athens, 28-May to 4-June in Cyprus (my friend owns a flat there).

If anyone can advise me of hotels in Athens or Piraeus for 22-23rd May, even a hostel, it will help a lot!

There will possibly 2 others (and hopefully an additional 2 RWG Liverpool fans!) in Athens with me.

I'll PM again with my email, I must have spelled it wrongly.

Thanks!

I have a hotel booked in Piraeus on 22nd May now :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now to do the impossible and find one on 23rd May :black_eye:

bring her over !!!! lol

I wish! She lives in Toronto, Canada. And she just went and got married to some guy with the same name as me too... why not me ??? :black_eye:

Oh yeah I've booked a hotel on an island just off from Athens - about 50 minutes by ferry. This is during the days around the game though - hotels in Athens are ALL booked up :black_eye:

At least I'll be able to relax on a nice warm beach though, and it's pretty cheap too :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Chronus

I would realy loved to be with you people :thumbsupsmileyanim: ....but im from Thessaloniki and there is a lot of work for me here..so i can not join the team!Maybe in the future! :victory:

To bad, I was hoping to meet a fellow fan of the El Primero :thumbsupsmileyanim:

How far is Thessaloniki? Perhaps if I'd known I would have taken the flight stopping over there on the way to Athens.

spa: na kanonisoume na pame gia souvlakia!!!!

so now we are 3

jkarpas

chronus

spa

any others?

A friend is coming with me, he has a rep I got from silix-watch. He's not into watches, but he speaks (Cypriot) Greek and loves his food :thumbsupsmileyanim:

For those in Athens, looks like I've had to change my hotel, I am not close to Omonia Square. I keep seeing reviews that says that this is the rough part of Athens - just like home ;)

Seriously, is this true?

I'm off there tomorrow.... Spa get my details from jkarpas! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I wish I could be there. I will be in Greece next year. hopefully,I can meet up with a fellow member B) ...

Take some of your girls, and they'll be falling over themselves to meet u ;)