When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bracelet and case treatment for that genuine "feel"

I stumbled onto a treatment for SS and plated bracelets and cases that not only enhances appearance, but gives a rich deep silky feel to replica and genuine bracelets. I haven't tried this on AR treated watches so be careful with it around treated crystals.

Buy a spray bottle of "spray on" automotive car wax. This is the "wiping and shining" diluted wax, not the heavy paste wax. Spray a spritz or two into a terricloth towel to wet it and rub it into the bracelet and case. Let it sit for 5 minutes and buff it off. repeat this treatment a minimum of 20 times over a period of several days and at least several times a week for continued lustre and protection. Your polished SS will look very showroom new and the build of many thin coats of hard protective automotive wax that will make the bracelet "feel" different. It gives a clunky, solid, silky feel to the Oyster bracelet.

I stumbled onto a treatment for SS and plated bracelets and cases that not only enhances appearance, but gives a rich deep silky feel to replica and genuine bracelets. I haven't tried this on AR treated watches so be careful with it around treated crystals.

Buy a spray bottle of "spray on" automotive car wax. This is the "wiping and shining" diluted wax, not the heavy paste wax. Spray a spritz or two into a terricloth towel to wet it and rub it into the bracelet and case. Let it sit for 5 minutes and buff it off. repeat this treatment a minimum of 20 times over a period of several days and at least several times a week for continued lustre and protection. Your polished SS will look very showroom new and the build of many thin coats of hard protective automotive wax that will make the bracelet "feel" different. It gives a clunky, solid, silky feel to the Oyster bracelet.

You know, I have thought about doing that, but most of my bracelets have the rollie like satin/brush stroke finish and I worry about polishing it out to a more glosssy look.. Truth be told, i already did that with a gen... admittedly I used a paste wax though.. still I wasn't happy with the look finish and I would hate to have that happen again. Thoughts?

You know, I have thought about doing that, but most of my bracelets have the rollie like satin/brush stroke finish and I worry about polishing it out to a more glosssy look.. Truth be told, i already did that with a gen... admittedly I used a paste wax though.. still I wasn't happy with the look finish and I would hate to have that happen again. Thoughts?

This is not a polishing compound....just a waxing in multiple coats. The satin Oyster bracelet I did is not shined up in any way, just silkier and it articulates more smoothly.

ed, it's very easy to restore the satin finish if need be. Cut a square from a "green" Scotch Brite pad and lightly rub the along length of the bracelet in even strokes. I apply a bit of water on the pad and get excellent results.

I can do it for you in about 5 minutes. :D

ed, it's very easy to restore the satin finish if need be. Cut a square from a "green" Scotch Brite pad and lightly rub the along length of the bracelet in even strokes. I apply a bit of water on the pad and get excellent results.

I can do it for you in about 5 minutes. :D

that is what i did. than i sent it out to an ad :)

what can i say.. i am a bit obsessive... thanks for the tip though.

p.s. how about this w/e.. i think we are free saturday

Hmmm, I always just used olive oil. Not really to coat it, but to fill the little clangy gaps in between the metal. Gives them a MUCH better feel/sound. I would imagine that those concerned with using potentially harsh chems, and having them seep into their skin, could use a bees wax type wax.

D

Hmmm, I always just used olive oil. Not really to coat it, but to fill the little clangy gaps in between the metal. Gives them a MUCH better feel/sound. I would imagine that those concerned with using potentially harsh chems, and having them seep into their skin, could use a bees wax type wax.

D

Wouldn't any non drying vegetable oil turn rancid?????

I'm about as c-reactive protein inflamatory response prone as they come and I have not had a reaction.