When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In search of the perfect PAM

FWATCH

So yesterday my girlfriend wanted to go to NYC to pick up some trinkets in Chinatown to accessorize her spring wardrobe :wacko: and I figured it would be a good opportunity to check out what was shakin' in the cheap rep department on Canal Street. I was not dissappointed. They had 'em all, Pams, APs, IWCs, Cartiers,Hublots, Breitlings, Chanels, Rados, everyhing but Rolex on display in the street. To get a Rolex, you had to wait until one of the guys lurking about whispered "Rolex?". One guy had a crappy looking two tone blue sub for $75, but no way. After some looking around I spotted a PAM that caught my eye. It was unbelievable. I'm claiming temporary insanity, but I had to have it. After a little haggling, I parted with $40 for this beauty.

post-4211-1178636096_thumb.jpg

Here's a close-up. Look at the features and attention to detail.

post-4211-1178636154_thumb.jpg

Just for comparison, here it is with my Davidsen on a Don strap.

post-4211-1178636284_thumb.jpg

Isn't she a beauty?

Wow, almost perfect! Congrats! (And a nice addition to my collection of pics of the worst PAM reps, thanks!)

Only three details to go to the 1st prize: hands, bezel and crown guard (I have to admit I too never found a watch sporting 100% on all details together though).

E.g., hands and crown guard should look more like this:

244046-8963.jpg

And here is an example of a 'better' bezel on a similar watch:

244046-8964.jpg

This is THE FAMOUS LUMINOR URINA. Congrats!!!
Mmmm.... I hate to be picky, but this is not the (in)famous Luminor Urina, actually.

Don't let the yellow strap foolish you, this watch is not really yellow face.

Here are three versions of the true-and-only Luminor Urina:

244046-8965.jpg

244046-8966.jpg

244046-8967.jpg

A few weeks ago I saw a guy in the bar wearing the yellow Panerai that sssurfer posted (2nd pic.) and he was also wearing a nice t-shirt saying "ARMANI" with a font something like 500...very discrete...I bet that was a gen t-shirt too... :bicycle:

EDIT : forgot to mention that he was in company of a nice lady, with a plastic surgery done on lips and breasts (it could be seen, beleive me! :o )...so it seems that the yellow pannie fantasy has a lot of sex appeal in that yellow dial

Edited by dadog13

it seems that the yellow pannie fantasy has a lot of sex appeal in that yellow dial

Maybe that guy had some other hidden quality too... :ph34r::whistling::lol:

sssurfer: OK. I'll concede that your first posted pic has "better" hands, and your second pic definitley has a "better" crown guard and your first pic I think has a "better" font. I think if you put the tiny hands on the second watch, you'd have a real "winner". I love the dial numbers on your middle yellow one. And the top yellow one has a certain "charm".

dadog13: remind me never to wear this thing in public.

In my excitement I forgot to post pix of the movement and buckle.

post-4211-1178723336_thumb.jpg

post-4211-1178723350_thumb.jpg

Well, maybe I'll see if fliplockbuckle can mod this thing for me. I can see another trip to Canal St. in my immediate future. As I was being dragged away from the rep stands by my GF, I caught a quick glimpse of a Breitling that could be the "Best Ever", but I couldn't get a close look. It looked pretty swell from a distance, though. I'll be back. :black_eye:

sssurfer: OK. I'll concede that your first posted pic has "better" hands, and your second pic definitley has a "better" crown guard and your first pic I think has a "better" font. I think if you put the tiny hands on the second watch, you'd have a real "winner". I love the dial numbers on your middle yellow one. And the top yellow one has a certain "charm".
Thanks! I agree 100% with your analysis.

I have to admit it's a very long time that I am collecting and studying this kind of... err... uuhh... this kind of objects.

I posted a thread on them on the 'old' RWG, but then I got a whole bunch of new... err... uuhh... items. Maybe I'll post them here too, one day or another.

I love the dial numbers on your middle yellow one.
No doubt you noticed the awesome Corum look!...

In my excitement I forgot to post pix of the movement and buckle.

Amazing! They are exactly what I also got on a 40 EUR rep I took two years ago on a local beach.

It seems you made a better deal than me. :black_eye:

Well, maybe I'll see if fliplockbuckle can mod this thing for me.
Oh boys, this is going to be one of the funniest threads I recently got into. :lol:

honestly the first pam I bought looked the same, but its face was more like 250 than fantasy, but still, same rubber strap, but black, same buckle, same movement :D my bro's wearing it since over a year. He likes it, cuz it shows the time well :lol:

will postr pics tomorrow, no time today to take any :p