When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM111H - PAM005

What is the difference between a PAM005 and a PAM111H?

-Sandwich dial on 111H

-Clear Back on 111H

-No Logo on 111H

Anything else? From the pictures I've been looking at it just seems like more is different. Please chime in if you can offer any info. Thanks!

Only the movement. OP II in the 005 and OP XI in the 111.

OP XI has swan neck regulator and redesigned bridges.

Only the movement. OP II in the 005 and OP XI in the 111.

OP XI has swan neck regulator and redesigned bridges.

Just on the note of different movements, my AD tells me Panerai changed from OPI/OPII to OPXI mov't (S/N reg, CDG etc) from their 000 and 005 H-series onward.

Only the first G-series of Base Logo and Marina Logo should come with OPI/OPII...I guess that makes it even more interesting to gen collectors. And if you happened to be lucky enough to get one of the first 80 'long arrow' 005 G-series - even better! :)

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola

005- painted dials

111- sandwich dial starting from the H serie

And if you happened to be lucky enough to get one of the first 80 'long arrow' 005 G-series - even better!

Even better is the "long arrow with the long '3' ". ;)

Just on the note of different movements, my AD tells me Panerai changed from OPI/OPII to OPXI mov't (S/N reg, CDG etc) from their 000 and 005 H-series onward.

Only the first G-series of Base Logo and Marina Logo should come with OPI/OPII...I guess that makes it even more interesting to gen collectors. And if you happened to be lucky enough to get one of the first 80 'long arrow' 005 G-series - even better! :)

Interesting.

My official 2006 OP catalogue still tells OP II for the 005 (as well as OP I for the 000).

Naturally it would not make for the first time that OP say BS on their catalogues.

'Nuff to say that the first catalogue sporting logo models is exactly the 2006 catalogue, while those models were made since 2004...

005- painted dials

111- sandwich dial starting from the H serie

Even better is the "long arrow with the long '3' ". ;)

Now you've been uber-picky <_< ...but so am I ! :)

All long-arrow 005s (reportedly only 70-80 of them that came with 195 dials) should have long horizontal bar in number '3', AFAIK the bar became shorter only recently in I-series and onwards. I've got tons of pics of G & H-series 005s all of them with long number '3' bar.

BTW, the numerals also became thicker and whiter in recent series.

cheers,

babola