When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

how do you tighten the clasp blade?

yachtmaster

Hello everyone...Im new and just bought an explorer I because I like how acurate it looks. I own a gen SS/plat YM 16622(as you can see my SN is YM, and thats my favorate watch right now), anyways my questions is, I love how on gens the folding (blade) part of the clasp is tight and stiff when you open and close the clasp. And on my rep explorer the the folding part just flaps open too loose. I was wondering How do you tighten that up? Is there a quick fix for that?

Thanks guys...am IM glad im here!

I use needle nose pliers and gently apply downward pressure twin ends of the clasp. Tape the tips of the plier to avoid any scratches or damaging the clasp. Do one side and then the other and check the tightness of the lock. You may need to do this more than once to achieve the desired click.

Easy as pie. :)

Welcome to RWG! Lot's of gen owners here as well & most of us enjoy learning and tinkering with these not so expensive toys. B)

I use needle nose pliers and gently apply downward pressure twin ends of the clasp. Tape the tips of the plier to avoid any scratches or damaging the clasp. Do one side and then the other and check the tightness of the lock. You may need to do this more than once to achieve the desired click.

Easy as pie. :)

Welcome to RWG! Lot's of gen owners here as well & most of us enjoy learning and tinkering with these not so expensive toys. B)

OHHH..okay..THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!

yeah its great being here. Im on this forum more than any other forum now...i love it here. Thanks again.