When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is the difference in the model movement or just luck?

teddy boy

I have four reps with 28-36 movments and one with a 28-24. For three of the 28-36 movements, I often feel a slight shutter when hand winding. I have an ingenieur with a 28-24 and hand winding for it is as smooth as silk. It feels like my gens when I hand wind them. I know that the 28-24 is slightly more expensive and considered a slightly better movement. Does that likely explain the difference or is it luck of the draw?

Other than a slight thickness difference, and the fact one has a Date as well as Day, the 2824-2 and 2836-2 are identical.

There is always a risk when hand winding these models, as the click wheels are prone to damage.

The slight drag you feel on the 2836 models is the click wheels sticking and eventually requiring replacement, the click wheels on the 2824 are still fine, which is why you don't feel any resistance. Best to avoid winding except to get it started.

Mechanically, the 2824 and 2836 are identical, there is no reason to consider one better than the other...

RG

Other than a slight thickness difference, and the fact one has a Date as well as Day, the 2824-2 and 2836-2 are identical.

There is always a risk when hand winding these models, as the click wheels are prone to damage.

The slight drag you feel on the 2836 models is the click wheels sticking and eventually requiring replacement, the click wheels on the 2824 are still fine, which is why you don't feel any resistance. Best to avoid winding except to get it started.

Mechanically, the 2824 and 2836 are identical, there is no reason to consider one better than the other...

RG

Sorry to break in but I can't get a PM through to you Ziggy. Can you help out???

CC

I had a lot of problems with 2836 from the far east....winding problems...or could not wind at all :blush:

Never any problems with all my gens...or movements (2836-2824-2846) that i bought from my country.....winding like seelk!

For me its comon the winding problem only from movements from the far east.

Thanks for the responses. What I took from this is that I'm going to wind my reps by hand as little as possible. Instead I'll shake them while I'm watching tv or a video. (Cheap winders are lousy quality and I'm too cheap to buy a good winder)

I had a lot of problems with 2836 from the far east....winding problems...or could not wind at all :blush:

Never any problems with all my gens...or movements (2836-2824-2846) that i bought from my country.....winding like seelk!

For me its comon the winding problem only from movements from the far east.

That is probably because they are used surplus movements, and need to be cleaned and oiled...the ones from your country are probably new, not old...so they don't have the same problems.

Once cleaned and oiled, they work fine.

RG

That is probably because they are used surplus movements, and need to be cleaned and oiled...the ones from your country are probably new, not old...so they don't have the same problems.

Once cleaned and oiled, they work fine.

RG

This is my opinion also my friend!I have to send you some movement inthe near future for a litle service!

Im looking forward to send some goods to your hands! :victory: