When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken Stem extension...

r11co

The crown on my Asia Planet Ocean was 'freewheeling' in one direction. Turns out it was unscrewing itself from the stem extension.

Unfortunately I went a bit too tight when I was doing it up again with some threadlock...

24254-1306.jpg

A new stem extension will cost peanuts, but I've no idea which one to get from the vast range available. Does anyone know if there is a standard thread for this particular crown/movement combo?

Many thanks.

From the blurry pics, it looks like a Miyota or Asian type of stem, normally these are all the same. The one for the Miyota 8015 fits most Asian models...

I have some of these stems, not sure if they will fit, if you PM your address, I will put it in the mail for you (I get the stems with movements, so they dont' cost me anything...I'll send you one...)

RG

I've found a picture of a Miyota 8215 and does look very similar to the Asian movement in the PO rep....

Yes, I too recently did a search about the so-called Asian Auto 21J movement that is so common in many reps (I was aiming at PAMs though), and it turned out to be a rep of the Miyota 82xx movements.