When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Regulating a lemania movement

montydog

Hello peeps,

I have a lemania copy movement in my A Lange & Sohn rep. It runs about 1 minute fast per day. I want to slow it down but don't know which of the little arms (1 or 2 on the photo)to move and which way.

Help appreciated. Also, how much do I move the adjuster?

many thanks

M

249146-8034.jpg

Move #2 towards #1 (makes the hairspring appear longer). Without a watch analyzer to measure immediatly the results, it's a hit and miss affair, you can use an atomic clock for reference.

Make sure you DON"T touch the hairpring, use a 4X loupe while moving it, only push on the top of the arm near the balance kock, and support your moving hand so if you slip, the tweezers dont' go anywhere and damage something.

1 minute is probably about 1/8" in arm movement...

RG

Move #2 towards #1 (makes the hairspring appear longer). Without a watch analyzer to measure immediatly the results, it's a hit and miss affair, you can use an atomic clock for reference.

Make sure you DON"T touch the hairpring, use a 4X loupe while moving it, only push on the top of the arm near the balance kock, and support your moving hand so if you slip, the tweezers dont' go anywhere and damage something.

1 minute is probably about 1/8" in arm movement...

RG

The Zigmeister,

Many thanks. Very helpful and informative.

Regards

M

Let me know how it goes...

RG

Hi,

Well, I slowed it down (too much) and then gradually speeded it back up. My last adjustment was just about as small a movement as I could make. It is now running 7 seconds fast per 24 hours (all at night when I'm not wearing it). Can I realistically get it any better than this?

BTW, is it the same method and direction of adjustment for the 7750 & 21J movements?

Thanks in advance

M

Hi,

Well, I slowed it down (too much) and then gradually speeded it back up. My last adjustment was just about as small a movement as I could make. It is now running 7 seconds fast per 24 hours (all at night when I'm not wearing it). Can I realistically get it any better than this?

BTW, is it the same method and direction of adjustment for the 7750 & 21J movements?

Thanks in advance

M

Is that +7s with the watch Dial up?

If so, place the watch in a vertical position (dial vertical) with the '12' facing down and check again, don't forget to fully wind the watch.

Is that +7s with the watch Dial up?

If so, place the watch in a vertical position (dial vertical) with the '12' facing down and check again, don't forget to fully wind the watch.

Hi NRG,

Yes, I put my watch on it's back at night and it gains the 7 secs. I'll try as you suggest and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks

M