When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Flaw with the new 7750 Asian movements...

I have overhauled a number of the new Asian 7750's in the past month, and have 3 more in house now waiting for service.

If I see one incident of something, I don't think much of it, but when I spot the same problem on more that one movement, that tells me that there is a potential flaw common to all of them.

THis is the case with the new Asian 7750, I have worked on many in the IWC watches, and some in the Daytona with running seconds at 6 (these are very problematic, see further post on this one...).

The first time I noted this problem, I was cleaning the pallet stones before oiling them, and one twisted out of place (hmmm, that never happend before...) so I re-installed and glued it in place. Well so far every new 7750 I have worked on has this issue. If the stones move or fall out, the watch will stop.

I fix them with a dab of glue and that takes care of it, from now on, I glue them in place, before I attempt to clean them up...

Here is the part I am talking about, and the problem is the varnish or shellack that they are using is dried up and flakes off, you can see it, it's the small gold coloured piece...

The small part in the foreground is the varnish that is supposed to hold the jewel in place...

25277-1103.jpg

Views of the pallet and jewels...

25277-1104.jpg

25277-1105.jpg

Size comparison...I had to realign and glue it back in place...

25277-1106.jpg

RG