When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix Quality Contro!?

plaifender

So, I ordered a Yachtmaster Rolesium and a PAM253 from Silix last wednesday (8days ago). He told me he would send me an email w/tracking number when the watches ship out. When i didn't receive an email from him by tuesday i decided to send him a message just checking to make sure everything was ok. (that was 2 days ago)... About 10 minutes ago Silix finally replies to me after his 8 day hiatus and says this about my watches:

"I am sorry for the delay. We had ur watch here, but one did nto pass the quality check. So we have to wait for new ones to come, which should be here in a couple of days. Sorry for keeping u wait. Nice day." -Silix

After all the threads and discussions on Quality control these days... how come no one else has heard of silix doing his own "Quality Check"?? Is this a new procedure of his, or could this just be an excuse to cover for the delay in my order...? Opinions/experiences welcome...

-ryan

Defo not an excuse dude... He indeed does his own QC checks, but doesn't go around proclaiming it like the gospel... :harp:

not to take anything away from silix, but doesn't he drop-ship like the majority of the dealers here? At least that's what i've read in the past. I've also read stories of people getting defective products from him... if he conducts personal QC then there wouldn't ever be defective watches being sent out by him.

I trust him so far (only based on his reviews). I hope these watches won't arrive with ANY manufacturing defects...

Angel and Jay have always been quality dealers...and you can't beat their prices.

Isn't it better to wait an extra week or two, or even three, so as to get a good watch?

When it comes to reps, there are two virtues--1. KNOWLEDGE (rwg.cc) and 2. PATIENCE.

So, I ordered a Yachtmaster Rolesium and a PAM253 from Silix last wednesday (8days ago). He told me he would send me an email w/tracking number when the watches ship out. When i didn't receive an email from him by tuesday i decided to send him a message just checking to make sure everything was ok. (that was 2 days ago)... About 10 minutes ago Silix finally replies to me after his 8 day hiatus and says this about my watches:

"I am sorry for the delay. We had ur watch here, but one did nto pass the quality check. So we have to wait for new ones to come, which should be here in a couple of days. Sorry for keeping u wait. Nice day." -Silix

After all the threads and discussions on Quality control these days... how come no one else has heard of silix doing his own "Quality Check"?? Is this a new procedure of his, or could this just be an excuse to cover for the delay in my order...? Opinions/experiences welcome...

-ryan

Angel and Jay have always been quality dealers...and you can't beat their prices.

Isn't it better to wait an extra week or two, or even three, so as to get a good watch?

When it comes to reps, there are two virtues--1. KNOWLEDGE (rwg.cc) and 2. PATIENCE.

Beanboy, I couldn't agree more. The virtues that you mention; i honestly try to personify. I've been very keen on researching and learning as much as I can here on the forums. I chose Silix because of his killer prices as well as his great reputation. For me it's not a question of patience(i'm in no large rush to get the watch).

In the recent thread on dealers that don't use "drop-shipping", I don't recall silix being listed as one of the Dealers that conducts a quality control (at least to the knowledge of the members here). Don't get me wrong. I'm VERY pleased to hear that he will be inspecting my order before it goes out.

I guess you could say that i was simply.. pleasantly surprised.

-ryan

This is how Jay/Angel make you feel better. What they really mean is "we do not have it in stock at the moment, do not worry, you will get your watch soon" :bleh:

Just kidding you,,, actually most members that are familiar with Silix do not even bother about the tracking#. Happened to me twice,,after 2 weeeks after payment, I sent them an email enqiurey about the order. Jay said "oh sorry here it is",,me not knowing that the oink stub is already in my mailbox.

Don't get me wrong, it is just normal to remind our dealer about our order. They can forget too,,or something can happen along the way.

Silix is not a 'One - Way' dealer,.. many of times he will have stock in house.

Others, when a new release group buy for instance, he will okay the

manufacturer to ship direct.

He prefers to keep all his shelves full so he can check his wares and do

alterations when he can, but it's impossible for it to be that way at all times..

For instance if he is out of stock while an order comes in for a watch that

sells only infrequently, it does not make sense for him to re-order that item

in bulk, and since his prices are always very low, to have the dealer ship

one watch to him would double the postage costs so it's best to have that

item shipped direct from the maker.

Whichever way it happens however the good thing about Silix is that he will

take care of you quickly if any problem occurs, so the risk of the drop ship

is on him.

Regarding e-mail times, he is running several businesses and answering all

mail himself, so it usually takes a few days for reply,... but he always answers,..

However if you send more mail into the loop, thinking that he is ignoring you..

it only adds to the mail back-log and makes delays for other members ..

Regarding e-mail times, he is running several businesses and answering all

mail himself, so it usually takes a few days for reply,... but he always answers,..

However if you send more mail into the loop, thinking that he is ignoring you..

it only adds to the mail back-log and makes delays for other members ..

I supposed he was very busy. In fact, I waited 8 days to send my first email. That isnt exactly blowing up his inbox. The last thing id want to do is "add to the mail back-log and make delays for other members". I simply wanted to make sure everything was ok with my order. 8 days just seems a bit long to not respond... I think its quite possible the order could have been inadvertently neglected until i reminded him of it.. In any case, im sure everything will arrive in order fairly soon.