When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some pics of my Gen Montbrilliant Datora (for comparison)

Surprised by how thick the gen is! One of my pet peeves with reps (even good ones) is that they are always about 2 or 3mm thicker than the gen, making it look like you're wearing a tuna can on your wrist. Let's hope the new high quality $300 reps will iron this problem out.

Beany

With the new rep version of this now available, I thought I would post a few shots of my Gen.....to get a true idea of what it looks like (color).

Sorry for the shoddy photograpgy....Im still learning how to use my Macro lens. :thumbdown:

post-4009-1180021988_thumb.jpg

post-4009-1180022072_thumb.jpg

Surprised by how thick the gen is! One of my pet peeves with reps (even good ones) is that they are always about 2 or 3mm thicker than the gen, making it look like you're wearing a tuna can on your wrist. Let's hope the new high quality $300 reps will iron this problem out.

Beany

if I get a chance tonight....I'll take some profile shots so you can judge the thickness. Looking at it on my wrist as I type...its not TOO thick. Wearing it with a dress shirt it looks just about perfect!

A

I have Datora rep that's a bit too thick versus the gen. I was at Tourneau and checked out the real deal and it's a bit thinner--just enough to make it a lot sleeker and dressier...My guess is that the new generation Datora rep with the Asian 7750 is thinner like the gen...

if I get a chance tonight....I'll take some profile shots so you can judge the thickness. Looking at it on my wrist as I type...its not TOO thick. Wearing it with a dress shirt it looks just about perfect!

A

I have Datora rep that's a bit too thick versus the gen. I was at Tourneau and checked out the real deal and it's a bit thinner--just enough to make it a lot sleeker and dressier...My guess is that the new generation Datora rep with the Asian 7750 is thinner like the gen...

Hmm...how does the color compare to my Gen?? Someone did a review of the rep on TRC and compared it to a pic found on Breitling's website. The picture from their site shows the Datora as being bright white...when in reality its more of an off-white or silver/cream color.

A