When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jose & Rafa

jamesg

Despite their footballing differences it seems that Jose Mourinho and Rafa Benitez share the same taste in timepieces...

Whilst watching the FA Cup final last weekend I noticed Jose wearing a watch that I just couldn't work out.

Then I saw that Rafa was wearing what appeared to be exactly the same watch during the Champions League final on Wednesday!

The watch was steel and rectangular in shape, with a very broad black leather strap. Having had a quick scout around think it could be the Tag Micrograph:

252996-7103.jpg

Any eagle-eyed WIS football fans here notice it too and care to comment?

JG

It definitely looks like an athletes' watch. And that's not a complement.

Indeed, its fun to see what celebrities and world leaders choose to strap onto their royal wrists. I'm still trying to find out what Canada's Prime Minister - Steven Harper - wears.

Jose seems to have quite a collection - he collects watches like he does midfielders. I'm sure I've seen him wearing a Breitling, an AP and a Pan. As well as a Casio G Shock...

Apart from the usual tasteless bling of Jacob and Cos (money can buy one of those but it can't buy class) I've noticed a few footballers watches - John Terry (Chelsea) - Rolex Daytona, Michael Essien (Chelsea) Santos 100 Two Tone, Milan Mandaric (Leicester Chairman) - gold El Primero Daytona, Chris Coleman (ex Fulham manager) - Panerai on s/s bracelet and Carlton Cole (West Ham and not very good) - Breitling.

Alex Ferguson needs to send whatever his watch is to The Zigmeister as it always seems to add on 7 minutes at the end of a game.

Despite their footballing differences it seems that Jose Mourinho and Rafa Benitez share the same taste in timepieces...

Whilst watching the FA Cup final last weekend I noticed Jose wearing a watch that I just couldn't work out.

Then I saw that Rafa was wearing what appeared to be exactly the same watch during the Champions League final on Wednesday!

The watch was steel and rectangular in shape, with a very broad black leather strap. Having had a quick scout around think it could be the Tag Micrograph:

253365-7005.jpg

JG

Hey! I noticed that too mate! :victory:

Rafa has been wearing this same one for the past 3 years... but as for Jose, it seemed like he only wore it during the FA Cup Final... :blink:

I used to own a quite an accurate replica of that watch.... compared it to a gen

in the department store and could not see a difference besides the color of the display..

I think however that was when I stopped wearing it, and gave it away,..

Kind of turned me off that it was being sold in the watch counter of Macy's.. :yucky:

253692-6875.jpg

JG

Do any members know for definate what this watch is and where it can be bought in 'rep' form. I'm looking for a reliable stop-watch