When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

176G - Fully Vaccume'd :)

JOEJOEJOE

I just received my 176G back from Vaccum!

1. I bought a 176G with asian movement from Ruby - she also swapped out the CG and Crown to a thicker one :) It was a steal at $139 EMS shipped!

2. I sent out the watch to Vaccum and he relumed, cannon-pin fixed, tightened the CG lever, & movement swap to a E series dagger movement (hybrid of Swiss & Asian from my 183). His work is truly amazing!! :)

Now, the pics :) Enjoy

253470-6946.jpg

253470-6947.jpg

Pics from Vaccum himself:

253470-6948.jpg

253470-6949.jpg

Anoather Edit! Here is a pic of gen - for comparison:

253470-6950.jpg

Postives:

1. Whiter color numbers & markers - like Gen

2. Thicker TI crown (it has less # of teeths, but oh well)

3. Superlumed & No cannon pin issues!

4. Correct-looking movement

Negatives:

1. Wrong Caseback :( There is no G-series caseback available in reps

2. Crappy looking CG - It's actually flipped upside-down, I hope to swap it out someday.

3. "L Swiss L" is a bit too close to the "6" - for some reason, 176G has more spacing between L SWISS L and the 6 than 112G or 9B - so I guess gen doesn't use the same dial for it.

Hi - that is a really great looking watch - Vacuum is very skilled with the lume on sausage dials I agree.It's actually a great looking Crown and very decent CG.

Re the CG - if I read you right ...I have had similar problems and found that an extra gasket between inserted on top of the one already recessed in the crown - can sometimes raise the crown just close enough to the lever to close more firmly

Excellent!

And the crown is awesome! I wonder where Ruby sorted it out, and if there's a new generation of crowns coming next out there...

I entirely agree with your evaluation of pros and cons. What I would personally put in the 1st place for an upgrading schedule is the CG.

Excellent!

And the crown is awesome! I wonder where Ruby sorted it out, and if there's a new generation of crowns coming next out there...

I entirely agree with your evaluation of pros and cons. What I would personally put in the 1st place for an upgrading schedule is the CG.

I actually PM'ed ya over at RWI regarding CG mod ;)

Ruby actually had to take the CG out of her 036 and install it on this baby. I don't she'll be doing this anymore, but it really was nice of her.

Thanks for all the nice comments above ^^ I just can't take this off my wrist

Joe

Hi - that is a really great looking watch - Vacuum is very skilled with the lume on sausage dials I agree.It's actually a great looking Crown and very decent CG.

Re the CG - if I read you right ...I have had similar problems and found that an extra gasket between inserted on top of the one already recessed in the crown - can sometimes raise the crown just close enough to the lever to close more firmly

Vaccum actually installed a new stem on mine to create a bit more gap between the case and the Crown.

I have heard the method you listed above - perhaps an easier and cheaper fix than what Vaccum did for me ;)

I actually have a couple more PAM projects going, and on another TI pam, I have this issue (again). I may try this ^^

Joe