When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are these real speedmasters?

BMWrolex

I know I should have posted this in the acution scam section but you guys gotta see this....

If you go on ebay and search 3510.50 (heres the link for the lazy: ebay Search)... Your gonna see a crapload of those "reduced" omega speedmasters... Heres where it gets wierd... all 20 of those results are from the same seller jmryshi (ebay Link).... Each of these auctions are for the same model, but not one single picture is duplicated. This guy have 2000+ good feedback and sells a crapload of other watches. If this guy is not selling fakes how has ebay not caught on to this.... Can you omega experts tell me if hes legit or not?

These watches are selling for < $1000... Does that sound about right?

They look genuine. You probably noticed that these all (or at least the ones I checked) are the "reduced" versions. i.e smaller. The best way to notice that is to see from the running seconds at '3 subdial.

They look genuine. You probably noticed that these all (or at least the ones I checked) are the "reduced" versions. i.e smaller. The best way to notice that is to see from the running seconds at '3 subdial.

I'm more of a rolex guy but.....

are the reduced version of these watches in used condtions value at around $800?

I'm more of a rolex guy but.....

are the reduced version of these watches in used condtions value at around $800?

Yes... pretty much. And that's the figure I think they'll end up in these auctions, too. If you're lucky you might pick up one for around $600, even. The full size is much, much more expensive.

The "reduced" version is excellent "value" Omega. Same thing as Tudor Mini/midsize Submariner, basically. The price of the full size is almost 100% more for both these watches.

Edited by By-Tor

Yeah, these do look kinda odd though... some of them have "so called" international warrenties with chinese print on them.

I would like to get one of these for a couple hundred...

Does anyone know if theres a way to check Omega serial numbers somehow?

If I take the watch to an AD and find out its a fake, is it a hassle getting my money back from ebay/paypal?

I think it's pretty safe to say they're not fakes. We get all the best reps in the world here, in this forum... and there simply isn't a great rep available of the reduced Speedmaster. And it wouldn't make any sense to replicate such cheap watch perfectly anyway...

And there's no automatic rep movement that has seconds running at '3. Quartz is a different matter though... but like I said, those watches look legit... or at least the watches in the pictures look legit. But we all know that pictures don't prove a thing, etc...

Edited by By-Tor