When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

date wheels

lanikai

anyone have any contacts for date wheels ... ETA or whatever movements .. after viewing the genuines and then looking at the fonts on the Reps. i really want to get something at least close to the right font... fat like the font on the page numbers of sports illustrated... if anyone can lead me to these i would really appreciate it. :victory:

lanikai

I share your same thoughts about the date, but it looks sort of a holy grail.

Finepics and Lello provided some datewheels for the 2893, 2892-A2, and 7750, and archibald is working on other models.

Finepics is currently MIA (best wishes to you, if you ever read this, Finepics!)

Lello is currently also studying the 090 asian movement, whichever it is.

The date font is only half solution to the date issue. The other half is the cyclops.

There has been a batch of 6mm sapphire cyclopses here, especially fitted on old 2893 models.

Another batch, of 6.75mm sapphire cyclopses (therefore especially fitted on more recent models, E series and onward) is still available from Chieftang.

Here's a pic of my 028A with both new datewheel (Finepics') and cyclops (self-made):

254018-6757.jpg

I share your same thoughts about the date, but it looks sort of a holy grail.

Finepics and Lello provided some datewheels for the 2893, 2892-A2, and 7750, and archibald is working on other models.

Finepics is currently MIA (best wishes to you, if you ever read this, Finepics!)

Lello is currently also studying the 090 asian movement, whichever it is.

The date font is only half solution to the date issue. The other half is the cyclops.

There has been a batch of 6mm sapphire cyclopses here, especially fitted on old 2893 models.

Another batch, of 6.75mm sapphire cyclopses (therefore especially fitted on more recent models, E series and onward) is still available from Chieftang.

Here's a pic of my 028A with both new datewheel (Finepics') and cyclops (self-made):

254175-6745.jpg

thanks for the reply ... is finepics a member .. i never ran into him on the dealer boardand yes the mag is also way off ... but for now i would be happy with the datewheel with somewhat more acceptable font.... you would think that the makers would put a little more effort into this area ... it is such a glaring "flaw" ... i know we are talking about reps here but i wouldn't be wearing it if it looked like an obvious "fake"... i generally like other colour straps with PVD's but the gator you have on is a nice contrast ... not just black on black ...

They have. Look at new 199 and Arktos with correct date font and magnification. They are doing it in the context of reruns of older models and new ones coming out. They are also adding a mediocre AR coat.

yeh .... i got a 199 on the way ... but there are some models where if there was the correct font on the date wheel it would look .... OUTSTANDING ... THERE SUPPOSED TO BE MORE "PROJECTS IN THE WORKS"

lanikai

thanks for the reply ... is finepics a member .. i never ran into him on the dealer boardand yes the mag is also way off ... but for now i would be happy with the datewheel with somewhat more acceptable font.... you would think that the makers would put a little more effort into this area ... it is such a glaring "flaw" ... i know we are talking about reps here but i wouldn't be wearing it if it looked like an obvious "fake"... i generally like other colour straps with PVD's but the gator you have on is a nice contrast ... not just black on black ...

Thanks for your appreciation! The gator is relieved by luminova-like stitching (obtained with Letraset Pro-Marker magic markers, thread somewhere else on this forum).

Brown and similar straps are good on less dark PVD, but I felt this one required a full-black look. After all, almost anyone in my country is known as a fashion masters, who am I to evade it? :lol:

Finepics is (was) a member, but as I said he seems MIA right now... :(

They have. Look at new 199 and Arktos with correct date font and magnification. They are doing it in the context of reruns of older models and new ones coming out. They are also adding a mediocre AR coat.

Yes, I also heard that some new models with improved datewheel and cyclops are going to make appearance. I especially heard it for 104 and similar auto models.