When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any leads on PVD service?

Guest avitt

Guest avitt

I know that some members were looking into PVD coating companies who are willing to work on watches...Does anyone have any new information?

The prices at IWW have shot up to an astronomical $595 minimum.

Does anyone know anything about the Teflon Polymer coating service offered by bobthayerjr.com? It looks like it might be a little too soft, and a little too shiny...

Thanks for any info.

I know that some members were looking into PVD coating companies who are willing to work on watches...Does anyone have any new information?

The prices at IWW have shot up to an astronomical $595 minimum.

Does anyone know anything about the Teflon Polymer coating service offered by bobthayerjr.com? It looks like it might be a little too soft, and a little too shiny...

Thanks for any info.

A simple search would magically reveal there are a couple members offering PVD service; RBJ, Palp, and i think finepics.

Guest avitt
A simple search would magically reveal there are a couple members offering PVD service; RBJ, Palp, and i think finepics.

Now, now...Nobody likes a smartass :winkiss:

If you'd done a little searching, you'd have found out that:

1. RBJ isn't offering services to board members anymore
  2. Finepics has his hands full
  3. Palp is preoccupied/difficult to contact
  4. Some members were looking into other PVD companies
...just looking for an update. Edited by avitt

Actually have put it aside until I deal with the crowns. But I will continue research thereafter. Very frustrating as Finepics had the perfect person but they will no longer do it for watches. I think the next step is to find out the exact coating and bead blasting process from Finepics and then go find someone new. And in the meantime I am staring at the actual PVD crowns so I know how to match them up. In the interim, my 28 which I was dumb enough to drop on the street languishes. :(

Aargh, so close to finishing the fearsome foursome and yet so far. :bangin:

Guest avitt
Actually have put it aside until I deal with the crowns. But I will continue research thereafter. Very frustrating as Finepics had the perfect person but they will no longer do it for watches. I think the next step is to find out the exact coating and bead blasting process from Finepics and then go find someone new. And in the meantime I am staring at the actual PVD crowns so I know how to match them up. In the interim, my 28 which I was dumb enough to drop on the street languishes. :(

Aargh, so close to finishing the fearsome foursome and yet so far. :bangin:

Thanks for the update. :)