When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can anyone explain this ebay situation?

ryyannon

This auction is starting to drive me crazy.... :crazy: (see 'Insane ebay bidding war' thread in Auctions Scams sub-forum for rest of story)....

I've been following the auction of an Emerich Meerson watch on ebay. At present, the bidding ends in less than than one hour.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EMERICH-MEERSON-WATCH_...1QQcmdZViewItem

but when I try to find it in the entire list of watch auctions (ending soonest), there's no reference: it simply doesn't appear in the time-frame it should. In fact, it doesn't seem to appear at all in the list. :cc_confused:

http://jewelry.listings.ebay.com/Watches_W...ListingItemList

Am I hallucinating more than usual today, have I lost my few remaining neurons, or what am I not getting about this? :wacko:

That often happens when a seller withdraws the sale. Typically because he realises the people bidding are not serious/are playing a prank... which seems to be the case given the bidding war.

That often happens when a seller withdraws the sale. Typically because he realises the people bidding are not serious/are playing a prank... which seems to be the case given the bidding war.

Yes, but that doesn't seem to be the case here....put "Emerich Meerson" into the search window of the watch list and you'll get the auction in question - which still seems to be going on.

But try to find it in the iist itself and it doesn't appear.

Thanks for your input, but personally I still don't get it.

Hmmm, agreed, that is weird. Anyway, went for 710$. I say I could have bought a nicer watch for that price, rep or gen...

Yes, but that doesn't seem to be the case here....put "Emerich Meerson" into the search window of the watch list and you'll get the auction in question - which still seems to be going on.

But try to find it in the iist itself and it doesn't appear.

Thanks for your input, but personally I still don't get it.