When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

modern SD help

bosk

What versions of the SD have this He valve (spiral engraving)? I don't see it on any of the pics of the dealers. Can any1 identify the case (MBW, CN, TW best)? It looks nothing like the gen.

257204-6260.jpg

257204-6261.jpg

How about the crown guards? needs a little touch up?

257204-6262.jpg

TIA

bosk

Bosk - The CGs do not look too bad, but I am less familar with modern Subs than vintage ones. So someone else might want to weigh in on that. The spiral is one of those 'features' that some rep makers like to use in place of components (like a modern He valve) that they cannot or do not know how to make. Unfortunately, that pretty much marks the watch as a bad fake. I am not aware of any way, short of drilling the spiral part out and implanting a better looking (or gen) He valve, assuming the hole is the right size. You might be better off just taking it as a loss & marking the experience up to a learning exercise (we all have made similar mistakes) and buying your next rep from one of the 'collectors' here. You might start with Joshua or Andrew.

A few more pics to see if you guys can ID the case.

257298-6246.jpg

257298-6247.jpg

257298-6248.jpg

There is an o-ring in the bezel and bezel spring is flat. Other than the lume marker falling off at 7:00 and the He valve, the watch feels nice...better than my other two subs.

-bosk