When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW Group Buy

Guest TTK

Well..... the RWG / MBW Group Buy was a great success......with only 1x return out of a great many purchases....( new one on the way Frederik ).....I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those members that ordered and hope that they are enjoying their Great Whites / Red Subs etc etc....!

Following the Group Buy.....I was in the fortunate position of taking individual orders for these vintage MBW's.......and a good number of members took up my offer to supply... which to a large extent was also very successful but unfortunately was overshadowed by the loss of a number of watches to Thai Customs....these items which were all sent by EMS never made it into the Thai postal system....nothing showing at their T'n'T website......which is a clear indicator that they've been seized.......unfortunate.....but it goes with the territory......personally I think the return address that I use has been flagged......but that's my problem.....not the customers......so a change of tack solves that particular problem.....there should be no more seizures.......however in every instance....I WILL ALWAYS REPLACE AND GUARANTEE THE DELIVERY OF YOUR ITEM......!

I'd like also to express a big thank you to those members who lost their items to Customs and who have demonstrated great patience ....while I re-stock and send them out replacements for the items seized....most of the orders seized have now been re-sent.....only 1 or 2 items still to be shipped......which will take place in the next couple of days when I return from Bangkok.

Now onto busines.......the factory which produces the MBW vintage and modern 16610 Subs / SD's etc etc.....has now replenished their stock of dials....cases etc etc......and there is now plenty of stock for all models.......!

So I'm now offering MBW's again for sale in my collector section.

Thank you and apologies to those who are / have been inconvenienced.

TTK

Siezures are out of everyone's control and your efforts to source these rare pieces are greatly appreciated. Does the new stock include the Patek Nautili--I don't recall whether or not they made it into the group buy...

Well..... the RWG / MBW Group Buy was a great success......with only 1x return out of a great many purchases....( new one on the way Frederik ).....I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those members that ordered and hope that they are enjoying their Great Whites / Red Subs etc etc....!

Following the Group Buy.....I was in the fortunate position of taking individual orders for these vintage MBW's.......and a good number of members took up my offer to supply... which to a large extent was also very successful but unfortunately was overshadowed by the loss of a number of watches to Thai Customs....these items which were all sent by EMS never made it into the Thai postal system....nothing showing at their T'n'T website......which is a clear indicator that they've been seized.......unfortunate.....but it goes with the territory......personally I think the return address that I use has been flagged......but that's my problem.....not the customers......so a change of tack solves that particular problem.....there should be no more seizures.......however in every instance....I WILL ALWAYS REPLACE AND GUARANTEE THE DELIVERY OF YOUR ITEM......!

I'd like also to express a big thank you to those members who lost their items to Customs and who have demonstrated great patience ....while I re-stock and send them out replacements for the items seized....most of the orders seized have now been re-sent.....only 1 or 2 items still to be shipped......which will take place in the next couple of days when I return from Bangkok.

Now onto busines.......the factory which produces the MBW vintage and modern 16610 Subs / SD's etc etc.....has now replenished their stock of dials....cases etc etc......and there is now plenty of stock for all models.......!

So I'm now offering MBW's again for sale in my collector section.

Thank you and apologies to those who are / have been inconvenienced.

TTK

Terrific news. I have a couple of questions for retentive Submariner experts. I'm not much into vintage but I would consider the modern 16610 MBW Sub if it really had the characteristics of the classic MBW. I see TTK lists easy bezel insert, crown and case tube exchangeability with OEM parts. Is the crystal exchangeable as well? From the pictures, it looks as if the cyclops position is first rate so perhaps a crystal replacement would not be necessary. Does this watch have the well described MBW "feel", that is a solid, silky genuinelike feel to the bracelet?

The topic of the out of the box accuracy of the vintage MBWs has been well debated here and I always opted to not purchase one. Is the MBW modern closer to the real deal and does it have all the upgradeability options of the vintage replica?