When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another UPO 'Lite'

scotty

Been away a couple of days.......what a debate chain I started...... :black_eye:

* watch was advertised, and theortically checked before shipment, as Swiss ETA 2824. Watchmaker is a seasoned commercial professional. I guess no better than our forum professionals. In the end - what constitutes a professional ? Someone who has developed a passion for, and the necessary skills over, this hobby, is in my view a professional also. So long as he behaves professionally, and I believe they do. Just as good as someone who has been formally trained, and dedicated their working time to watches. They both have a passion and skill set applicable.

And you can get good and bad commercial professionals (watchmakers), just like good and bad mechanics.

Anyway...enough.....

* collector is well known. I've been in touch and he's asked I send close-up pics. The item is currently with the watchmaker, and I haven't a case back opener. So will try to convice watchmaker to do a couple of pics, which I'll send to the collector and will try to post here for info. (without wanting to start any fights !!)

The collector will no doubt make his comment when I send the pics. And I've nothing against him right now. We have to remember what game we're in. Any final comments or gripes will be reserved for the end (if there is one).

In any case - the watch works and looks nice, except for the lume - next bit......

Lume issue. The chains above confirm UPO's can be relumed.

However I'm Europe based, and kind of reluctant to send around the world for our renound experts to work on this article. Shame we don't have forum European Ziggy's and the like, to help us poor Europeans out for such jobs.

Ziggy (or other of our professionals) - fancy setting up a JV / sub-contractor over here ???? How could we

convice you ??

So the question is, convincing Mr Watchmaker to take a chance and have a go re-luming my varnished UPO.

And if he doesn't agree, or if it turns out bad - whose got a good 45mm dial and hands set, or even better - gens.....???

CORRECTION.

MOVEMENT WAA ADVERTISED AS SWISS ETA 2836-2 WITH HACK MECHANISM......MOT 2824. SORRY ALL.

My uPO has an ETA 2824. That's what they should have.

Bugger.

To clarify:

Should be 2824

Collector site now says 2836-2 with hack mechanism.

Actually seems to have Chinese 2846-6 - from what the watchmaker says.....

My uPO has an ETA 2824. That's what they should have.

Bugger.

To clarify:

Should be 2824

Collector site now says 2836-2 with hack mechanism.

Actually seems to have Chinese 2846-6 - from what the watchmaker says.....

Attached not very good photos from before it was sent for return (on its way). And I've no case back opener so can't do any better.

Any new views on this?

Edited by scotty