When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cousteau Divers

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

I didn't buy myself a new rep since late december 2006 when a HBB came out.

The Big Bang became my everyday watch that pushed all my other watches into shadow.

After 5 months with the watch I started to feel the need for a change, a new kick - but there was nothing available that could suit my wrist after the HBB experience - the fit, finish, AR coating and overall genuine feel seemed out of reach for most regular reps.

So I waited and waited and then they launched the Cousteau Divers edition of the IWC Aquatimer.

I just knew I had to get it.

The question was - which dealer should I choose.

Even though I usually stick to my 1 or 2 favourite dealers this time I decided to go the new way.

Read some great reviews about a new dealer, based in USA...

You know which dealer I am talking about?

The Watch Prince of course. :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

It was my first dealing with him and TWP can be sure he got a good new customer.

The contact was top notch both before and after my purchase.

Everything was smooth, fast and I felt that he really cared about the deal.

For example how many times did your dealer contact you to find out if the parcel arrived and if everything is fine?

Even though my Cousteau came with some problems that I already discussed in other thread TWP really stood for his reputation and we instantly worked out a fantastic way to resolve all the problems. With no questions asked! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I can really recommend TWP for all you guys in search of any watch - especially for you US based guys as he is shipping his watches from US! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So Prince - once again thank you! You really proved to be a top notch, first class dealer and a great person to talk to! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now let's get back to the watch.

I am extremely busy recently so I did not have time to take as many detailed pics of the watch as I always used to but will try to take more pics for you tomorrow.

For now I am posting some quick pics that I managed to take in the car today when we went shopping with my girlfriend.

Enjoy... just like I am enjoying this great watch on my wrist right now as I type this! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

258754-5911.jpg

258754-5912.jpg

258754-5913.jpg

258754-5914.jpg

Cheers! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i am having the same problem right now. just got the hbb and all my other watches arent getting ANY wrist time. i like the IWc, but i dont love it....so i dont think i can shell out $400+ to get the new "super-rep". And i totally agree with what you say about TWP...nothing, but great experiences with him.

Great watch. Congrats on your new purchase.

Been reading some very good things about TWP recently and will likely purchase from him in the future. My last deal with Ruby was great and went off flawlessly but I don't like being worried about customs issues (especially given the whole replicas fund terrorism crap combined with the fact that I am half Lebanese so have an Arab surname).

Maciek,

You've given a review of the collector, but what is your opinion about the watch? ;)

I have a HBB ceramic on the way, and what iterests me the most is your comparison of the 'feel' of both watches - the HBB and the Cousteau Divers.

Is the IWC as good as the HBB?

Guest Sql_pl

@Mo_till

I believe this watch is just as good as the HBB.

The QC was an issue for me here because my HBB was perfect, with no dust, with all hands resetting properly etc etc.

IWC came with some problems but many members actually stated they also had problems with their HBBs so it also seems pretty equal.

Overall quality is as good as what you will get used to after you wear your BB for a while.

After all both watches come from the same factory don't they? :)

@warbody

I do not think it is worth investing that kind of money only to get a swiss movement. It does not guarantee anything - remember that those swiss 7750s are also being fitted by very same people at very same factory so it can also happen that there will be dust in the movement ot that it won't be oiled properly.

I got an asian one and I am happy with it!

• 6 months later...

Hi Sql!

Any update on your Costeau? I haven't used mine for quite sometime and when I decided last week to wear it, the darn thing is dead.........I tried almost

everything to revive it, but nothing! Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 11 months later...