When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Good PAM104 dial

yellomen

I am amazed that of all the flaw fixes on quite expensive models (HBB etc.) they can't make a correct dial for the PAM104 and PAM220... the "swiss made" is underneath the 6 and should be "swiss 6 made"... so around the 6.

This is a model that can sell big time... expect for this dumb flaw.... Please dear dealers... make me the correct dial :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi yellomen,

maybe you swapped the things? Or my poor English prevented me from getting it?

The correct writing is "L SWISS MADE L", while the uncorrect one is "L SWISS 6 MADE L".

Incidentally, the less expensive asian 21J 104 from Josh (108 USD) has a correct dial, while the most expensive 7750 version has the uncorrect one.

I got that cheap 104 and got satisfied. It has awesome overall look, good out-of-the-box lume, decent cyclops, and it keeps great time.

Rather, its flaws are the date font (I came to change the datewheel), a caseback with a fancy "diver's professional" writing, and a brushed-instead-of-polished case (that I love very much, though).

I was looking at this one also, but something I just noticed comparing the two as seen on josh's page, the 21j ($108) has a closed "6" and the 7750 has an open "6". Which one is correct?...Looking for a gen pic now. I noticed the different "L..L" but not the actual #... Strange.

M

I was looking at this one also, but something I just noticed comparing the two as seen on josh's page, the 21j ($108) has a closed "6" and the 7750 has an open "6". Which one is correct?...Looking for a gen pic now. I noticed the different "L..L" but not the actual #... Strange.

M

You can find it on the official website of Officine Panerai...Luminor Base Automatic...

L SWISS MADE L without the number between :rolleyes:

maybe you swapped the things? Or my poor English prevented me from getting it?

The correct writing is "L SWISS MADE L", while the uncorrect one is "L SWISS 6 MADE L".

Yes... i mixed them... my mistake :whistling:

The PAM104 should have a closed 6, polished case, no "diver's professional" on the caseback... I hope they will correct this error... it's nothing too serious... just two little misprints... The "swiss 6 made" and the "open 6".

I just noticed ... the 21j ($108) has a closed "6" and the 7750 has an open "6". Which one is correct?

The PAM104 should have a closed 6...

F, G and H series: open 6.

E and I series: closed 6.

On the net I also saw a pic of a gen 104I that had an open 6. We may suppose that some early pieces of the I series have been made with dials remaining from the H series.

F, G and H series: open 6.

E and I series: closed 6.

On the net I also saw a pic of a gen 104I that had an open 6. We may suppose that some early pieces of the I series have been made with dials remaining from the H series.

Man... you really dug into it!! Thanx for the info :)

So the fix is actually quite easy... now waiting if one of the dealers picks this up. I mailed one of them...

now waiting if one of the dealers picks this up. I mailed one of them...

Very interesting!

Should you have any news from the dealer about this subject please let me know. The 104 is one of my most favourite models.

There's no reason why some factory couldn't do a perfect 104-- good font Dw's for the A7750, and good magnification systems already exist on other 44mm reps, & the good dial already exists. All they would have to do is put those parts together and fix the caseback. We could take care of the crown, which they will never get right.

I'm afraid that that would never occur to a repmaker--that level of detail is under their radar unless they try for it from the get-go, like on the HBB and Couteau Diver.

• 5 months later...
Just love the search-button :)

Is there already a better version out?

No but you can expect something soon... or later... :whistling:

Just love the search-button :)

Is there already a better version out?

Well, that version is certainly better, but a little too rich for my blood... ;)

I was just looking at my 50 before reading this thread. Makes me wondfer why they did an excellent 40mm auto years ago (decent dial, random #'d caseback, good date font, accurate spring loaded crown, excellent fit and finish on the case & guard) and not a 44mm to this day. Maybe they didn't know at the time that 44mm PAMs, rep and gen, outsell 40mm by probably 6 to1?