When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem after servicing Asian 7750

Rolexman

You should send it back, most likely the problem is the click wheel for the autowinder, it needs to be cleaned and dried very well or it acts like this with a lot of resistance. I wonder if they used the one dip process, as this is the common problem if you do it this way. It won't get any better, and most likely in a few days, you won't be able to wind it at all...

RG

Thanks for the info Zig! I will send it back.

By the way I noticed something today. Everytime I hand wind the rotor spins. So I turn the crown 1 turn and the rotor also spins 1 turn. I dont's know the exact ratio but you can feel the rotor spin with every turn......so you're probably right with the click wheel for the autowinder (I didn't expect different off course)!

Damn I hate does watchmakers (no offence Zig). You never know what they do to your watch. It's like bringing your car to the garage for maintenance. The only thing you can do is believe they did their job right!

Edited by Rolexman

Thanks for the info Zig! I will send it back.

By the way I noticed something today. Everytime I hand wind the rotor spins. So I turn the crown 1 turn and the rotor also spins 1 turn. I dont's know the exact ratio but you can feel the rotor spin with every turn......so you're probably right with the click wheel for the autowinder (I didn't expect different off course)!

Damn I hate does watchmakers (no offence Zig). You never know what they do to your watch. It's like bringing your car to the garage for maintenance. The only thing you can do is believe they did their job right!

Your right on, when the rotor spins when winding, the click wheel is not "freewheeling" it's catching, the resistance you feel is the wheel grabbing...

I agree, I don't trust garage mechanics either...

RG

You should send it back, most likely the problem is the click wheel for the autowinder, it needs to be cleaned and dried very well or it acts like this with a lot of resistance. I wonder if they used the one dip process, as this is the common problem if you do it this way. It won't get any better, and most likely in a few days, you won't be able to wind it at all...

RG

This is interesting. It's exactly the problem that I'm having with the Big Bang I just received (I mentioned this watch to you in an email, Rob). I can't hand wind it at all, and the power reserve is garbage. I can get it to run for a bit by moving it back and forth, but it won't work with any sort of reliability.

This is interesting. It's exactly the problem that I'm having with the Big Bang I just received (I mentioned this watch to you in an email, Rob). I can't hand wind it at all, and the power reserve is garbage. I can get it to run for a bit by moving it back and forth, but it won't work with any sort of reliability.

Given the amount of oil I find every now and then in these movements, this could be the problem with yours. The click has to be completely dry to work correctly.

RG