When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsens GMT 063,028 Dial / does sssurfer and chieftang giveit a thumbs up ?

lanikai

i was going to wait until i recieved the much anticipated date wheel and cyclops .... because anticipation is 90% of the action ... but so much for that thought .. What Ebert and Roper are to movies ... sssufer and chieftang are to watches (just a thought i am sure everyone is more of an expert compared to me), so with that said ... any thoughts on Davidsens superlume dial for the 063 and 028 GMT's ? Since i would have to have them superlumed anyway? or not? negatives and positives please :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbdown: ... or any reviews on movies this week? ... go ahead discuss amongst yourselves ... :whistling:

thanks

Edited by lanikai

Am I going blind? Can't find them in his section....

put out an all points for sssurfer ... actually tahoe and everyone else have loads of experience with PAMS does anyone think the lume on Davidsens dials are a bit over coloured???/

First of all, thanks lanikai for your consideration, but there are members here who know much much more than me on PAMs.

As for Davidsen 029/063:

yes, it maybe (always difficult to judge color nuances from internet pics) that DSN's lume color is a bit too accented on green, especially that on numerals and indices (not on hands).

Not a great issue, though, as 029 was made in 1998 and 1999, and 063 in 2000. After 7-9 years even a gen owner may want to have his gen relumed -- what may naturally change the lume nuance.

This is especially true for the 029, that was lumed with Tritium and therefore its glow is supposed to decrease along years more than superluminova.

Rather, what actually makes me wonder about DSN's 029 and 063 is that on his pics one can clearly see that the hands lume is different (whiter) than the dial lume (greener).

I have to suppose this is intentional.

But I have actually been unable to find any genuine 029 or 063 pics showing that difference between hands and dial lume.

Naturally my unability in finding them does not mean that such a difference is unaccurate.

I hope any real GMT experts (not me) may chime in and give their advice.

The color of hands and dials is the same on the early gens. It may look a little different as you can glob more lume on hands. :)

I think Davidsens dial is pretty good, maybe even better than the "original" rep dial, depending on what bugs you. Davidsen's font isn't exactly the same as gen but his "A's" are better. Lume is too green, So, assuming you'd get Davidsen's relumed to correct the color and the other one relumed to improve the lume, which one is better? Depends on what bugs you more: a font that's not exact to gen, or the infamous drooping bar.

One thing is for certain: Unless you hang out a Paneristi conventions on a regular basis, you chances of getting called out w/ a modded 63 are nil.

The color of hands and dials is the same on the early gens. It may look a little different as you can glob more lume on hands. :)

thanks Kruzer,

i thought maybe DSN's lume at times may be too cartoonish in colour but i may be totally wrong..

i was going to wait until i recieved the much anticipated date wheel and cyclops .... because anticipation is 90% of the action ... but so much for that thought .. What Ebert and Roper are to movies ... sssufer and chieftang are to watches (just a thought i am sure everyone is more of an expert compared to me), so with that said ... any thoughts on Davidsens superlume dial for the 063 and 028 GMT's ? Since i would have to have them superlumed anyway? or not? negatives and positives please :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbdown: ... or any reviews on movies this week? ... go ahead discuss amongst yourselves ... :whistling:

thanks

Pic?