When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Dimensions Question

lilbrudder

Hello,

I have what in all likelihood is a ridiculous question. I have to watch out (groan) for watches that are too wide because I have small wrists. When a watch's dimensions are listed as, say, 34mm x 44 mm, my understanding is the 34mm is the length of the watch (across your wrist - horizontal to your hand) and the 44mm is the width of the watch (parallel to your hand - if you continued measuring this way - you'd reach your fingers)

Is this correct or do I have it backward?

i think it's awesome that you posted this in the RWG support centre :lol: fyi, the RWG support centre is typically for site-related issues/matters (ie. slow server, functionality not working properly, etc).

i think you're mostly right -- the thing that will really make a watch look funny is if the lugs (ie. where the strap meets the case) extend far beyond the side of your wrist (which would relate to the 34mm measurement in your example).

every wrist is different though, which is why a 47mm pam might look OK on one person's 7 inch wrist (ie. someone who has wide, thin wrists), and ridiculous on another person with 7 inch wrists (ie. someone with round wrists).

hope this helps! oh, and by the way, welcome to RWG :victory:

deltatahoe