When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 088 or 089 GMT ... which one? feedback

lanikai

Has anyone gotten the 088 or 089 and wished they got the other? :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbdown: pictures are one thing but i am drawn to the blue dial .. i think beccause it is different but the black dial for lack of a better word "traditional" looks good and is what i am used to seeing on a PAM DIAL ... feedback please ..

thanks

Lani

Has anyone gotten the 088 or 089 and wished they got the other? :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbdown: pictures are one thing but i am drawn to the blue dial .. i think beccause it is different but the black dial for lack of a better word "traditional" looks good and is what i am used to seeing on a PAM DIAL ... feedback please ..

thanks

Lani

If I had $5K to buy a gen PAM today, right now... It'd be the PAM 89. I love the GMT, the titanium, and the anthracite dial. It's a masterpiece!

For whatever that's worth.

If I had $5K to buy a gen PAM today, right now... It'd be the PAM 89. I love the GMT, the titanium, and the anthracite dial. It's a masterpiece!

For whatever that's worth.

I'm with you CT, with the reps i buy i could have gotten a gen 89, ... but then i'd be afraid to wear it ... lol ... actually i have one coming in Monday ... then i will oxidize it just by using an old plating machine .. i use the chemical that i prep the nikel with once i strip the chromium before you gold plate .. the trick is i have to use a negative charge through the anode and a cleaning solution with the charge to remove all the oil on the metal that collects from handling with hands first .. i've done 2 TI cases ... don't need to remove the movement... i will post pics once i'm finished ... the first one i did came out really great but i had to re-do it twice... that's when i remembered about the oils your fingers give off .. that will make the oxidizing splotty .. it has to be totally free of fingerprints and residue ....the look is inbetween light ti and PVD.... med gray looking like pewter, i'll post pics once it's done ...i was actually talking about the GMT with blue dial and ss case or ss case with black dial ... hope someone can come up with the date wheel for these..

thanks.. Lani