When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Think twice before buying 14crt gold sub bracelet

alwyn

I recenty purchased a 14crt TT sub bracelet from Precious time and whilst the mid links seem ok the clasp is still only plated,and considering that this gets more wear than any other part of the bracelet with taking off and on,then it seems just a wast of money,as I have found out after spending $170 on one.

if the midlinks are solid 14k id say you still got a good deal , you can always buy a solid gold clasp on ebay ;) .

would love to see some pix ..

enjoy ..

The appearance of the bracelet is exactly the same as the two tone plated ones that are sold by the likes of Joshua.The links are not solid as such,they are only hollow and very light in weight.As for being able to buy the clasps on e bay,could you give me any info on who is selling these?

Thanks for your reply

The appearance of the bracelet is exactly the same as the two tone plated ones that are sold by the likes of Joshua.The links are not solid as such,they are only hollow and very light in weight.As for being able to buy the clasps on e bay,could you give me any info on who is selling these?

Thanks for your reply

What did you think you were going to get for $170? If the bracelet mid-links and clasp were made from 14k gold to Rolex specs the gold value alone would be close to $400. IMO, a solid 14K bracelet is a waste of money because it looks less real than a high quality 18k plated bracelt.

What did you think you were going to get for $170? If the bracelet mid-links and clasp were made from 14k gold to Rolex specs the gold value alone would be close to $400. IMO, a solid 14K bracelet is a waste of money because it looks less real than a high quality 18k plated bracelt.

I was repying to a member asking for a picture,what I was saying to him was that the 14crt gold bracelet was exactly the same in appearance as the 18crt plated gold bracelets sold.As far as the gold costing $400 for a product like rolex who also make them hollow,see the artical by PT who gives the weight of the middle links and the cost of the gold is more like $100 and gold is gold wether it comes from rolex or anyware else

I was repying to a member asking for a picture,what I was saying to him was that the 14crt gold bracelet was exactly the same in appearance as the 18crt plated gold bracelets sold.As far as the gold costing $400 for a product like rolex who also make them hollow,see the artical by PT who gives the weight of the middle links and the cost of the gold is more like $100 and gold is gold wether it comes from rolex or anyware else

As I have several of both, I would have to say that the 14k bracelet looks NOTHING like the 18k plate. It is a lot more durable, and looks better longer, but the 18k look is not matched by anything 14K.

Bill

on a gen the mid links are hollow, the sel and the clasp are plated. went to my ad and held a new black and a blue tt in my hand and i open the clasps and they were solid silver on the back side. when i questioned them about this they did not want to comment. i asked if it was gold and ss joined togeather they finally said no after i showed them it was only ss on the back side. i asked about the sel and the said it to was one peice of ss. when i ouestioned them about the crown and they said it was solid 18k. i said it was too soft and the treads would strip out they finally admitted it was a gold cap over ss. a gen doesn't have very much gold on it. go to a dealer and look, but they will not want to talk about it much, because at $ 7100.00 they have a hard time justifing the extra cost over a regular sub at $4250.00.

Wow. Where to start?

Re: 14K "looks nothing like 18k." That's the point, of course, and I agree. OEM is 18K. 14K looks like 14K. Good 18K plate looks like 18K. 14K solid does probably last longer, although I've never had an issue w/ a high quality gold plated watch fading or chipping. If folks are having trouble w/ your 18k plate looking authentic, try one of EL's TW best TT watches.

Re: $100 bucks in gold in an OEM TT band--Better get out the old calculator, especially if you're going to buy anthing else made out of gold. Take a look at KenMc's post in the following thread--even the crappy, thin 14k bracelets sold on ebay have about $300 bucks worth of 14K gold in them.

Someone tests and weighs a "14k" bracelet.