When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Constellation

gregers

I've got the Double Eagle silver version from Josh, who was good enough to source it for me. It was dispatched very promptly and it arrived in UK within 6 days from ordering. It is rarely mentioned on here but it is a really excellent dressy/smart type watch. The newer version Constellation is a very clean, coherent and contemporary design. Though 'only' 38mm wide it gives the impression of wearing much larger because of the way the case tapers elegantly into the bracelet. Nevertheless, it does not have the overall bulk of most of the usual Omegas and presents a reasonably restrained and not overly showy appearance.

The overall finish is very good and with it being a pretty accurate rep it certainly looks like the real thing under anything other than a very close inspection. The only issue might be with the bracelet connecting pins, which look like they have a tendency to fractionally slide out, though this is probably a minor problem that is fixable.

For me, this watch is a welcome change from the usual big, bulky chronos and it has been very well regarded by all who have seen it.

It looks expensive and classy and is very good value for money. All that is missing is a good quartz engine to ensure that it lasts more than a few weeks! More seriously, it is an 'ETA' copy and with a bit of luck should avoid some of the problems that dog the 7750 (and don't get me started on that for now)