When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SS Chrono Avenger problem

skjalg

Hello, I have kind of settled with the fact that my watch probably has ticked its last time but I just had to make a post to see of there is anything I could do.

My watch just suddenly stopped working here the other day, I have tried shaking it like a mad man (the pendant spins) and winding it like crazy but still no sign of life.

Is it normal, that a watch just suddenly stops?

I dont remember what movement it has but it is a couple years old, worth then about 300USD and I did post some pics here http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry189266 so perhaps some of you experts know the movement.

Any replies is appreciated! And if someone knows about a watchsmith in the Oslo-area that fixes these watches dont hesitate to let me know!!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

So I figured since nobody really cared about my watch and I dont really care anymore either, I would try to open the bastard up to look inside.

Now I dont know [censored] about movements so I just poked abit around in there with a very small screwdriver, of course that didnt make it any better.. but I did take some pictures so perhaps some movement-guru in here can tell me what the movement is and if there is anything I could do to get the watch running again? Or if there is anywhere I could send it to get it repaired?

Anyway, attached are the pictures.. :)

post-1561-1183666735_thumb.jpg

post-1561-1183666746_thumb.jpg

post-1561-1183666725_thumb.jpg

Contact The Zigmeister. You will need a cleaning and service. It'll cost about $200, but you will end up with a solid movement that will give you many years of service. Your other option would be to sell it and buy a new one.

• 1 month later...

a litle update:

My local watchsmith had a look at it and told me the "spiral" inside containing of several layers of a thin metal thread was out of balance and he believed that it could be fixed. I am going down there later today to see what the results are.

Never thought any watchsmith would bother fixing a breitling rep but I guess I was wrong, he actually was very interested and thought the movement looked good.. :)

In case anyone wonders how it went it got repaired and serviced for about 120USD!

Even the stop watch works again (it stopped working about a year ago).

So now my amazing ss chrono avenger is up and running again, good way to start the weekend!

Any norwegians out there in need of service just contact me and I`ll get you the address.