When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any Chicago area folks here??

Maverick

Stand up and be counted if you are from the Chicago area. A couple of us are trying to put together a Chicago cigar/rep/dinner get together. Anyone out there interested in making it happen. I am also posting this on TRC/RWI.

Maverick

Edited by Maverick

Now we're rolling. Have about 10 people interested in a get toghther. I am picturing a group of Repiristi, comparing watches, enjoying adult beverages, enjoying fine cigars, some fine midwestern corn fed beef, and having some great conversation. PM me and we can get this thing really going. Talk to your friends and co-wokers who own or want to own fine reps. I am working on a very cool door prize. Maybe I can get a couple dealers to throw in some prizes. {Don't know about strippers, but you never know}. Let's get a date and location. Come on everyone lets get excited about this and have the best damn Rep party in the world. :lol::rolleyes::Jumpy::victory:B)

Maverick

PM me any time

Let's make this happen, and soon.

It's been tried twice before, lots of initial interest, but then the momentum just sort of fizzled out.

Let's make this happen, and soon.

It's been tried twice before, lots of initial interest, but then the momentum just sort of fizzled out.

North suburbs here - I'm in. My wife...well she thinks I'm nuts about watches :Jumpy::Jumpy: so she might not join. Someday I'll convert her.... :whistling:

WOW, we have had a lot of great responses to the Chicago area get together. I will be working with Repliking from RWI to put this together. I am looking for a nice restaraunt with a room where we can linger, have a few adult beverages, and show off our collections. Since we have folks from far north suburbs, far south, far west, and city. If you grab a map and draw a line from Crystal Lake to Oak Lawn and then draw a line from Northbrook to Joliet. They cross right in my neck of the woods. Oak Park. I will be talking to some of the local establisments, to see what kind of a deal we can put together. I want those who are so inclined to feel comfotable firing up a fine Stogie. I am working on a live band to keep the cool factor up a few notches. Any member who has a piece that is not getting much wrist time should PM me and we will make it a door prize. Make sure you clean and polish your beauties, and put toghter a real nice presentation. Come with all your stories of the great deals, the lost deals, even your favorite TTK stories.

Right now I am looking at Friday May 19th, let me know if other dates look better. Cocktails at 7pm, dinner at 8pm.

Times and dates are flexible and just give us a starting point.

THIS IS LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY SO TALK IT UP, INVITE YOU REP FRIENDS AND REP WANNA BEES.

I will be looking for a head count next week.

I will be providing professional 8X10 glossy shots of the group to each member who attends!

We can make this a real night to remember.

As for the strippers, not my area, but [censored] happens :whistling:

Keep the excitement going and PM me any time.

Maverick

H**y S**t Archibald -63rd and Cali? St. Rita's? I am speechless.

I grew up at 68th & Rockwell, my dentist was at 63rd & Washtenaw, you could see St. Rita's from the chair while he was drillin' away!

Do you remember El Bianco's Restaurant, or is that before your time?

Born and raised @ 63rd & California...but sadly out in DC--I'll be there in spirit, though.

Well DC is just a 2 hour flight. I'll pick you up at ORD. Just give me your flight number. Live a little on the wild side and come back to the old hood. Whole trip would probably cost less than a nice MBW Sub!

Maverick